Pewdiepie uses racial slur on livestream of PUBG, Firewatch dev files DMCA

who the fuck really cares? It is just a word and nobody got hurt, so why not just move on?

The only thing that really puts meaning behind words is the context they are said in and I think most people know that Felix is a rather unserious feller.

Do I care that he said it? Nope not at all, he can say whatever he wants, especially if he is being unserious 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

A lot of veteran lawyers on the forum this morning.

Glad we can get the inside scoop here on LTT before this one goes to court.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

A lot of veteran lawyers on the forum this morning.

Glad we can get the inside scoop here on LTT before this one goes to court.

You're welcome.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

38 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

No, you can totally revoke it at will.  There was no agreement to allow copyrighted content to be used for perpetuity.  There would need to be an agreement for their content to be used perpetually or for a specific term.  None of this is set.  The agreement, even if just implied by granting permission for streamers in a comment on their site, can be revoked as the dev sees fit and they can have all previous uses taken down.

From a legal perspective, as much as you may not LIKE IT, it's a pretty straight forward issue.

Again, as to weather streaming is fair use or not, that is a HECK of a lot less straight forward and all the conjecture in the world is nore placement for testing it in the courts and setting legal precedents.  But for sure, a dev is absolutely in the right, assuming it's not fair use, to come in an have any usage of their content taken down, for whatever reasons they so choose.

Ive found the video in question and its just an upload of a stream, i kinda though the video in question was "made for youtube". Kinda changes things a bit, but if pdp decides to go to court, it will be interesting. Without the retarded us copyright law and burden of proof being on the defendant i honestly doubt the dev would even consider making the strike.  The wankers even began a twitter cleanse, right now the only firewatch related account with some mention of pdp - the dudes in the op, with the recent claim and an old one with "roses are red violets are blue bla bla antisemite and i guess pdp is too". Nothing left of camposanto's "hey pdp is streaming our game so cool come check it out".

I guess what im trying to say that the DMCA claim can not be taken as made "in good faith", which takes away alot of legitimacy.

edit: fuck it, i know nothing

From what I've heard his video editor didn't get offended in the slightest and he's black from what I've heard.

It's just a case of devs trying to virtue signal. Boo fucking hoo.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I feel some of these people would lose their minds if they just stood at any busy section in NYC. Almost nobody would even bat an eye except maybe a tourist.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Should he not use that word?: Yeah.

Do I care?: No.

Will I still watch him?: Yeah.

I despise pewdiepie but this PC nonsense is just disgusting.

Dev be like

9fiO0EF.jpg

WS: 13900K - 128GB - 6.5TB SSD - RTX 3090 24GB - 42" LG OLED C2  - W11 Pro
LAPTOP: Lenovo Gaming 3 - 8GB - 512GB SSD - GTX 1650

NAS 1: HP MicroServer Gen8 - 32TB - FreeNAS

NAS 2: 10400F - 44TB - FreeNAS

32 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Oh man. All the white people saying who shouldn't be offended. I'd chime in, but I'm black so I'm obviously biased. ?

Actually your input may be the most interesting.. most people who are not white get offended "for you", don't they? They feel they are defending how it offends you? I'm neither black not white and do not live in the US, so I don't really get it much...

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

If he said "that's such a white people thing to do" no one would care.

pathetic. Just stop getting offended people lol 

If the dev has beef that's one thing, but DMCA feels an inappropriate mechanism to get their goal. Put another way, let's say they do take down Pew on that basis, by implication isn't every other streamer in the same boat? The only difference being they're not enforcing it. At the least, be consistent.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

"Oh deary me, someone said a bad word, better take legal action even though it has nothing to do with us whatsoever."

Why can't people just get over themselves? I don't like it either, but doing stuff like this isn't gonna change anything. If you make a game available for everyone to play, you can't expect there to be no one who uses racial slurs that plays the game.

How is what he said so bad? Doesn't seem like a racial slur to me, just seems like he was pretty mad at the guy because he couldn't hit him and called him names. Every gamer has called some other player on the interwebz something nasty before (I do it a lot because I get rest a lot... :ph34r:). If he said it directly to a black guy's face, then it'd be really offensive. But I don't find what he was saying any more offensive than the rest of the words he was using in that clip. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 hours ago, Energycore said:

Fixed for Dark Theme :D

The hero we need, but not the one we deserve

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

43 minutes ago, VicBar said:

Actually your input may be the most interesting.. most people who are not white get offended "for you", don't they? They feel they are defending how it offends you? I'm neither black not white and do not live in the US, so I don't really get it much...

That's not the way to think about it considering people like this exist

That'd be like me not being offended when a homosexual is discriminated against because I'm not homosexual. Wrong is wrong.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Oh? Do you wanna put that to the test? Go ahead. Ask everyone on here who said not to be offended what color they are. Let me know how that turns out for you. Also, lmao @ you if you think that's an outburst.

I said not to be offended. I'm white. But I also have a black brother who I call nigga (the playful version of nigger) and he calls other people that, and I call my cousin (also black) that, and my (white) cousin calls them both that, and they call him wigga. So basically the whole racist thing is made up, since I haven't seen many people offended by it. And I definitely haven't seen anyone who was actually racist, and hated one type of people without a reason. Usually "racists" are just people looking for a reaction, and a supposedly "racist" word is the best thing for that. 'Sides, all the other words he said have similarly offensive meanings, so I guess they're just cherry picking since they want publicity so they can seem PC? 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I dislike the guy but it's an overreaction, I sometimes say "That's rather Jewish" but don't mean it in a anti-semitic way, I have to be careful with when I say it but in the heat of the moment when streaming and you are that into a game it would be very easy to let it slip and for people to take it the wrong way. I'm autistic and I don't get angry when someone says "That is autistic" I feel bad for the person that has said it and don't take offense, if you can't let it slide then maybe they have a point, moreso if you can't have a valid argument back. 

Being racist is completly fine. Being sexist is fine. Damn, even being a nazi is fine. Somehow words are actions now.

Western world is funny, words trump actions, cats are barking, dogs are meowing, feeling matter more then reality. Should have studied fucken chineese instead

8 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I said not to be offended. I'm white. But I also have a black brother who I call nigga (the playful version of nigger) and he calls other people that, and I call my cousin (also black) that, and my (white) cousin calls them both that, and they call him wigga. So basically the whole racist thing is made up, since I haven't seen many people offended by it. And I definitely haven't seen anyone who was actually racist, and hated one type of people without a reason. Usually "racists" are just people looking for a reaction, and a supposedly "racist" word is the best thing for that. 'Sides, all the other words he said have similarly offensive meanings, so I guess they're just cherry picking since they want publicity so they can seem PC? 

Did...did....did you just use the "I have black friends(brother)" argument?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

17 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

How is what he said so bad? Doesn't seem like a racial slur to me, just seems like he was pretty mad at the guy because he couldn't hit him and called him names. Every gamer has called some other player on the interwebz something nasty before (I do it a lot because I get rest a lot... :ph34r:). If he said it directly to a black guy's face, then it'd be really offensive. But I don't find what he was saying any more offensive than the rest of the words he was using in that clip. 

You do realize that black people watch online videos, right?

Also... you just said that a derogatory use of the n-word "doesn't seem like a racial slur to me."  Wow.  What qualifies as a racial slur to you, then?  Does he have to threaten to lynch people at the same time?

This is what ivan134 has been getting at.  You have white-as-hell people telling black people that they shouldn't be offended by obviously racist language.  It's like Exhibit A in the case of white privilege; you've never been the target of racism, so you don't know why it hurts and feel as if you can tell black people what they should care about.  And sorry, but "many people do it" isn't an excuse.  That doesn't make it okay, and this is PewDiePie -- he's a public figure who should know better, especially after his past actions.

Just now, ivan134 said:

Did...did....did you just use the "I have black friends(brother) argument?

Yup. I am completely politically incorrect, btw. But I can understand a stranger being insulted if I called him that, but why they are mad at PDP when he called a random stranger in the middle of a game where he's concentrating on what he's doing, not saying, IDK. And like I said, the whole "racist" thing is overused and mainly people who like to get offended. And the people using it are just looking for a bite. It's like those "nazi" rioters, they just want to feel important and get a reaction, so they spout words they know people will get offended by. 

Main PC 

6 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Yup. I am completely politically incorrect, btw. But I can understand a stranger being insulted if I called him that, but why they are mad at PDP when he called a random stranger in the middle of a game where he's concentrating on what he's doing, not saying, IDK. And like I said, the whole "racist" thing is overused and mainly people who like to get offended. And the people using it are just looking for a bite. It's like those "nazi" rioters, they just want to feel important and get a reaction, so they spout words they know people will get offended by. 

This cognitive dissonance going on here is over 9000