What would you choose? Xbox One X or PS4 Pro?

NTDaws
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
5 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Im gonna be honest, the xbox one x feels a lot sleeker then the ps4 pro

Yea, the Surface team designed the XBox One S and X. That is why there was a mass improvement in the internal hardware design, engineering and look over the original XBox One model, let alone older XBox consoles. But if that is the key deciding point, then get that... but you don't want a console that collects dust for you, where you have this nice box, you have no games that interests you. So, it is important to look at the games, and see what games appeals to you.

I suggest to make a comparison table that is personalized to you. Mark all the ups/and downs of both consoles, like the most games that you want to play, features of the console that seriously interest you, etc.

Ok so, I give two shits about exclusives first of all. The only games I will play is Halo Master Chief Collection, and FH3. So, it comes down to this. 4K 60FPS or 4k 30FPS?

The geek himself.

Add a poll so people can vote easier, and you'll see the results nicely displayed in a graph

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

PS4 Pro but covfefe I'm a XBOX fanboy in the world of consoles

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i would personally choose the ps4 pro due to all the good exclusives. 

14 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

I give two shits about exclusives first of all.

The geek himself.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Add a poll so people can vote easier, and you'll see the results nicely displayed in a graph

Can you I'm on my phone.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:
17 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

I give two shits about exclusives first of all.

point of a console is the exclusives, a decent mid range pc will preform better. 

17 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

The only games I will play is Halo Master Chief Collection 

that's a Xbox exclusive

if all you care about is FPS than you already looking in the wrong direction. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

14 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

if all you care about is FPS than you already looking in the wrong direction. 

how's that so. Only two games I wanna play. No where else to look.

The geek himself.

id just get a Xbox my self. other then slight capability differences between the two consoles it kinda falls down into preference. spec wise the xbox one x looks better.

Xbox One X PS4 Pro
US price $499 $399
Release Date November 7, 2017 Available now
CPU Eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz 2.1GHz 8-core AMD custom "Jaguar" CPU
GPU Integrated AMD graphics with 6 teraflops of performance Integrated AMD Polaris graphics with 4.2 teraflops of performance
RAM 12GB GDDR5 8GB GDDR5
Storage 1TB 1TB
Dimensions 11.8 x 9.4 x 2.4 inches, the "smallest Xbox ever"  12.8 x 11.6 x 2.1 inches
Weight

8.4 pounds

7.2 pounds
Color Black Black
Optical Drive 4K/HDR Blu-ray drive Blu-ray/DVD
4K Support Yes Yes
HDR Support Yes Yes

23 minutes ago, Get_schwifty said:

id just get a Xbox my self. other then slight capability differences between the two consoles it kinda falls down into preference. spec wise the xbox one x looks better.

Xbox One X PS4 Pro
US price $499 $399
Release Date November 7, 2017 Available now
CPU Eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz 2.1GHz 8-core AMD custom "Jaguar" CPU
GPU Integrated AMD graphics with 6 teraflops of performance Integrated AMD Polaris graphics with 4.2 teraflops of performance
RAM 12GB GDDR5 8GB GDDR5
Storage 1TB 1TB
Dimensions 11.8 x 9.4 x 2.4 inches, the "smallest Xbox ever"  12.8 x 11.6 x 2.1 inches
Weight

8.4 pounds

7.2 pounds
Color Black Black
Optical Drive 4K/HDR Blu-ray drive Blu-ray/DVD
4K Support Yes Yes
HDR Support Yes Yes

That's what I considered as well

The geek himself.

$100 more for 4Gb extra ram little bit faster cpu gpu is better and has HDR now the only other question you need to ask your self is all that worth $100 to you?

Are you asking or telling? When people tell their own preferences you shoot them down by pointing out that you only want to play Xbox exclusives. It's pretty obvious which system is right for you. I'm confused.

(I'll stick to Xbox.)

You really can't compare the two in terms of specs. 

Compare to how exclusives run. I'd personally get the Xbox One X as I personally would rather play Forza Motorsport rather than Gran Turismo.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Both console have great games. Like Dan Castellaneta said, look at the console exclusive games, and see which one better fit your taste.

The rest, you'll have the same games. Then, see what your friends have to play multiplayer games.. although this might change if Sony decides to open its network doors. When Nintendo does it... you know how bad it is that Sony has yet to allow it.

If you wonder for performance, technically the XBox One X is better (obviously it is newer), but graphics don't make games. It was never the case, and isn't the case. The only people that ca

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Both console have great games. Like Dan Castellaneta said, look at the console exclusive games, and see which one better fit your taste.

The rest, you'll have the same games.

If you wonder for performance, technically the XBox One X is better (obviously it is newer), but graphics don't make games. It was never the case, and isn't the case.

The geek himself.

5 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Yea, the Surface team designed the XBox One S and X. That is why there was a mass improvement in the internal hardware design, engineering and look over the original XBox One model, let alone older XBox consoles. But if that is the key deciding point, then get that... but you don't want a console that collects dust for you, where you have this nice box, you have no games that interests you. So, it is important to look at the games, and see what games appeals to you.

I suggest to make a comparison table that is personalized to you. Mark all the ups/and downs of both consoles, like the most games that you want to play, features of the console that seriously interest you, etc.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Yea, the Surface team designed the XBox One S and X. That is why there was a mass improvement in the hardware design and look over the original XBox One model, let alone older consoles. But if that is the key deciding point, then get that... but you don't want a console that collects dust for you, else it would be a waste of money. So it is important to look at the games, and see what games appeals to you.

Well, only two games i plan to play, halo MCC and fh3. Thanks for the help. Im going to switch to xbox for the first time.

The geek himself.

I'd go with the PS4 Pro. The reason being Sony's exclusives. Games like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Horizon.

13 hours ago, linkboy said:

I'd go with the PS4 Pro. The reason being Sony's exclusives. Games like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Horizon.

cant play halo then so xbox it is.

The geek himself.

On 11.9.2017 at 8:34 PM, GoodBytes said:

Nothing more there is to say.

Though I'd focus more on the games that are of interest to you than the hardware of the console itself.

Because in the end the hardware of the console doesn't matter much at all. It's almost irrelevant...

PS: For me, the Xbox 360 was a mistake, the PS3 would have been the better one. But that's just for me because I like the japanese games of the japanese console more.

You have to decide what you want, what the games you want to play are on. And then decide what console you want to buy.

But the PS4 can not play 4K Bluray due to the drive they used. Only Xbox One S and X can do that.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"