The 1920x1080 MEME PC - WE BUILD & TEST IT

nicklmg
9 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Literally everything was maxed, including stuff like anti-aliasing. Try it for yourself.

Even they get 24 FPS Max out in 4K with a single GTX 1080, and you getting 4 FPS.

and that is max settings.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Deus_Ex_Mankind_Divided/5.html

Dislike

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

7 minutes ago, NicklasAPJ said:

Even they get 24 FPS Max out in 4K with a single GTX 1080, and you getting 4 FPS.

and that is max settings.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Deus_Ex_Mankind_Divided/5.html

They used 8X texture filtering. The max is 16X. They did not use max settings for everything.

As I said, we maxed EVERYTHING.

Just now, gabrielcarvfer said:

First the anti-RGB build, and now this...

Yep the LTT channel is just completely falling apart with big "fuck yous" to pretty much everyone.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Maybe we can just post the 1080p results here and maybe show us 1080p max without un needed msaa

8 hours ago, JDE said:

welp it's trash

what a surprise /s :P

Actually, it is probably much better than it seemed.  Linus said in a live stream that they benchmarked with literally everything maxed, which is not how any sane person would play.  I can't remember if that was explained in this video or not but I don't recall it from the first time I watched.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I'm out of words, what has become of this channel? What's next? Are you going to do We Are Number One remixes?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

for anyone who's says what became of this channel. what they done today is a big troll and why not ? that cool no one says you can't have fun for yourself and for the experiment of the maxed sitting on a hell of build :D

For anyone interested in real 1080p results on GTX1080 in comparison to Intel i9 7900x here you are: 

LTT shows maybe not fake but seriously incomplete results as they didn't provide any point of reference for comparison. And simply saying everything was maxed out means what exactly? Manual 32x AA sating? Thats why people use build-in settings for  benchmarking because you can compare it to another review. In the end its just LTT bullshit again. This channel is getting more and more stupid with every posted video. Only WAN show keeps good level. The rest of videos well for most of the time it looks like they were made by 15 year old kids experimenting with computers that have 0 knowledge on how PC works.

On second thought those are way, way to low results LTT really fucked something up. Here is my result @720p in Superposition Benchmark using maximal setting: https://zapodaj.net/images/7b7df175e8c3c.png

I get 89.32 average FPS in 1280x720 on Xeon e3-1245 (~i7-2600 lvl) + 8GB DDR3 + GTX770. Thats simple not possible that my PC is ~50% faster then oc TR 1920X + 64GB DDR4 + GTX1080

24 minutes ago, kombajn said:

On second thought those are way, way to low results LTT really fucked something up. Here is my result @720p in Superposition Benchmark using maximal setting: https://zapodaj.net/images/7b7df175e8c3c.png

I get 89.32 average FPS in 1280x720 on Xeon e3-1245 (~i7-2600 lvl) + 8GB DDR3 + GTX770. Thats simple not possible that my PC is ~50% faster then oc TR 1920X + 64GB DDR4 + GTX1080

did u maxed every single sittings ? like 16/32x AA ?or just the ultra option sittings u should make is custom and max out everything and try

and btw this is high sittings only

@nicklmg you probably should have mentioned troll video in all caps in the title as people don't seem to understand that the point of all this is that it has no point

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

Niros I maxed out every thing in that benchmark. DX / 720p / Fullscrean / shader quality 8K optimized / Texture Quality High

I thought I knew what bottleneck was. Now I see that I do not.

if a CPU+GPU can deliver 1440p, what is it that bottlenecking the delivery of 720p?

huge overkill and waste - yes, but bottlenecking what?

if a car can go fast with big load, it should not have problems going at least as fast with less load.

help me here

My fears have come true... seems the majority of comments are not positive, and I think I know why.  It's a combination of publishing this right after a whole week of other things people hated, meaning they're all already in a bad mood, and the fact that it wasn't clear people were meant to take this video as a joke, as opposed to a serious review.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

My fears have come true... seems the majority of comments are not positive, and I think I know why.  It's a combination of publishing this right after a whole week of other things people hated, meaning they're all already in a bad mood, and the fact that it wasn't clear people were meant to take this video as a joke, as opposed to a serious review.

Why should people expect it's a joke?

I don't think this channel has posted a video where the focus is talking about running nvidia cards on Ryzen/threadripper CPUs yet. Are there performance hits vs running it on an intel chip? You meme all the time that core count doesn't matter for gaming, but this could've been a perfect opportunity to demonstrate that. What if the number of cores on threadripper actually decreased performance? What if the "glued together" architecture causes strange hiccups compared to intel high core xeon architecture?

Sadly it seems the quickest thought of the writers goes right to "what's the most clickbait cringey thing we can do?". The sad thing is you can still make a video that answers all of the questions I posed and still make it clickbait: "NVIDIA CARDS RUN BETTER ON THREADRIPPER?!? *GONE WRONG*"

4 minutes ago, Fiat-Libertas said:

Why should people expect it's a joke?

Well, perhaps because of "meme" in the title, but actually I'm with you on this, they shouldn't, thus why I think it would have been good to make that more clear.

TL;DR

LTT has become a fucked up channel

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

On 9/10/2017 at 11:44 AM, nicklmg said:

Probably not with literally every setting (including AA and all that) maxed :P 

……………

This is with literally EVERYTHING maxed including AA, so no hardware is going to fare well in this type of test.

The guys went full-on meme on this one :P 

I was a bit surprised to see Deus Ex: Mankind Divided getting significantly worse FPS than Ghost Recon Wildlands.  Somewhere (else, I thought) I'd heard that GRW was the most demanding game, but then maybe it wasn't tested at absolute max settings by whoever I think said that.  (Can't remember if it was @Tech Deals, or someone else.)

I would have liked to see Grand Theft Auto V tested, especially at 4K with everything cranked, including frame scaling. :)

Hey, you guys by any chance have something like a 3GB GTX 1060 (or something faster than 1050 Ti, with 4GB or less VRAM), and a CPU/Mobo combo with integrated graphics (like LGA 1150 or LGA 1151) laying around?  Cause ...

A while ago, I did some tests on my desktop PC (i7-4790K, 3GB 1060, 32GB DDR3-1600, Z97 Extreme6), in GTA V, with a 1080p monitor.  I ran with *ALL* settings maxed, including the frame scaling I mentioned earlier.  GTA V said expected VRAM usage was around 9-9.3 GB, IIRC.  There was no overclocking done - it was all at stock settings.  Also, in case it matters, I think I had GTA V installed on a 7200rpm 4TB or 5TB HGST Deskstar NAS hard drive.

• Running on the iGPU (Intel HD 4600), the benchmark scene at the start got around 1.5 or 1.8 fps, I believe.
  • Pop in the 3GB 1060, and the same benchmark would either run 0.3 fps at the start scene, or would crash while loading.

Might it be possible to see if something similar could be reproduced, and if so, explore how a dedicated GPU that's normally a lot faster (for example ~10.5k for 1060 vs ~750 for 4600 in FireStrike, or 91 vs 5 fps in Rise of the Tomb Raider, 1080p high) would get buttwrekt by an integrated GPU?

I don't know how I'd test it myself, but my current preliminary theory is ... there's less latency going from the CPU to system RAM (which the iGPU uses for its VRAM), than going from the PCI-E slot to system RAM (which the GPU has to swap when it runs out of VRAM), due to what I'd presume would be a physically shorter path.

Hmm ... what might it be like if someone like Steve from Gamers Nexus tested that?

The title used the word "meme" and LT injected many references during the video that any monster build would fail if all settings in the GPU Control panel were cranked up far beyond anything any of us would consider using during gaming or any other intense 3D/HD program.

My take on the video?  Just a fun time to be had to prove a point that spending tons of money on the latest and greatest hardware is a silly notion.  The reality being for any gamer, "get what you need, not what you want".

As for the whole RGB internal case colors. My generation experienced Windows 2.0, 3.0 95, 98 etc.  We will keep our cases on the floor because looking inside a case to view colors is not enticing.  But the beauty of it all is that companies are making money due to esthetics and we do live in a consumer society so every coin spent keeps the gears turning. (below - doctored image of my PC Station from 2011)

pcstation.png

On 12/09/2017 at 5:22 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I actually signed up just to reply to this; 
I think most people are scratching their heads because this sort of stuff is really out of the norm for LTT. I've been following since 2011, and over the past 12months the content has taken a serious shift in a direction that is very very different to what first attracted me to the channel. 
I understand that unboxings and such may not be a real winner in terms of views, but I kind of feel like we're not getting the same product reviews that we use to either, the case reviews, in particular, seem to have gone away? 

Video's like these just make me sit back and think "Yeah... wow. What am I doing here again?".