Am i in love

Yagyu
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, dalekphalm said:

This in my opinion is bad advice.

Sure your friend might reject you, and sure it could ruin the friendship, but there are strategies to invoke to minimize the risk of the latter: Step one of which is to test her gently to see if she shows any interest - don't just scream "I LOVE YOU FOREVER" or some bullshit.

And if she says she wants to stay friends or something, just act like it was "no big deal". The biggest reason friendships are ruined when one confesses love to the other is that the one confessing the love makes this huge build up and goes "all or nothing", and when they are rejected, they get destroyed. It makes it incredibly uncomfortable for the other person to be around you afterwards if you do that.

But if you play it down, like "Hey it was a cool idea that we might be into each other, but since you're not, it was just a thought and no big deal" and then just act like you did before.

Anyway, rant aside,

No you don't love her. What do you know about this girl? How good of friends are you? How much do you know each other and how close are you?

Basically, you like her. That's obvious. So now do something about it.

Worst case she says no. But if you don't ask, she'll never say yes.

Good advice. Don't build it up. prevents this from happening...

Look at page three

Turns out though, I did not like her as much as I thought I did. Honestly, I did not really care after that whole fiasco happened. Either I did not like her as much as I thought, or I'm an emotionless potato.

Also realize, it probably cant go worse than it went in my example

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ask yourself one simple (but also complicated) question;

Do you see yourself marrying and having children with this young lady or no? If your answer is no, well now you know.

(there is more to it than that but this is as far as I am willing to add to this conversation)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER