CPU water cooling temp !

built my new system specs are

Case - cooler master haf xb

motherboard - GA-990XA-UD3

cpu- amd fx 8150 overclocked to 4 Ghz

CPU Cooler - h60 push , pull

Psu 850 watts

GPU - gtx 560 Overclocked to 970 core clock

i am have a problem with CPU temperature which is showing up as low as 9 degrees on idle is this even possible ? i am using core temp and CPU ID HW monitor both show up as the same temps. full load both temps show up as 51. Can these be real temps or is there some software problem ?

Im guessing you are taking all your reading in Celsius? But yes it could be possible but really only if you have a very very low ambient temp. If you were running this thing in a garage during the winter you could hit some really low temps. First of all what are you ambient where your computer is. It might just be a calibration problem.

The ambient temp of my room is about 17-19 Celsius i am from the uk hence the Celsius lol sorry.

my apologies, just read your british - abit low for *C --- > > 9*C dont you think??? 0.o somethings up..

Yah that was my first thought my 2nd was to come here for some help lol

I just had to check. Almost everyone does Celsius when it comes to these things but you just never know. But simple put you have a problem somewhere. Unless they changed physics since i last checked you cant have temps lower then your ambient. The first thing i would do if check what your bios says the temp is. If you havent already. It could be a problem with the programs you running. I personally use core temps and love it but that doesnt mean something isnt working with your copy. But if your bios is telling you that temps are that low it is prolly a onchip temperature sensor is defective.

thanks for replays guys going to have a look a bios now.

You can not have any temperatures below your ambient temperature, unless you have a chiller or work with dice/phase change and that stuff.

You are probably reading out the core temps, which are allmost allways wrong with AMD chips. try and find cpu temp in open hardware monitor.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Ok bios is reporting my CPU temp as 25 C that seems about right now. Anyone have any ideas whats up with core temp ?

Well that is good its not your mobo or bios. At least your thermal protection wont be all messed up just in case the worst was to happen. But honestly i have no idea why it would be so messed up. I would just try the simple thing and just try re-installing it or trying some different programs like realtemp. But if they all say the same thing you might just have to live with it. So if you need ideal temp just look at your bios but for load you will need to figure out how much your temps are reading off and add that to your load temps to figure it out

Ok thanks for your help guys love the forum going strong.

The sensors on an amd processor are ALLWAYS bad if you read directly from the core.

Just don't do that and search for other temp sensors. I believe that gigabyte has named them tmpin0, tmpin1, tmpin2 etc. google those for your board and you know your cpu sensor.

never rely on amd's core temp read outs. never.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

@Craig92 Do you recommend a H60? I am looking to buy one and reading reviews etc.

CPU: i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 550 Ti RAM: 4GB HDD: 200Gb

built my new system specs are Case - cooler master haf xb motherboard - GA-990XA-UD3 cpu- amd fx 8150 overclocked to 4 Ghz CPU Cooler - h60 push ' date=' pull Psu 850 watts GPU - gtx 560 Overclocked to 970 core clock i am have a problem with CPU temperature which is showing up as low as 9 degrees on idle is this even possible ? i am using core temp and CPU ID HW monitor both show up as the same temps. full load both temps show up as 51. Can these be real temps or is there some software problem ? [/quote']

When I firts got my FX cpu I also was very surprised about the temperatures, my 4100 clocked at 4.5Ghz with a Thermalright Macho cooler was touching 0 ºC

at idle and not pass 28ºC at full Load.

What I have learned is that for you to have an accurate reading of your cpu temperature ist to add to those 9 degrees at idle or 51 at load the ambient temperature.

So really, you are getting around 26 degrees at idle and around 68 degrees on full load, give or take a couple ºC.

Cheers ;)

@Craig92 Do you recommend a H60? I am looking to buy one and reading reviews etc.

Takefear, I wouldn't recommend an H60 because an air cooler for about the same price has a better performance. The only aspect worth considering when buying one of those pre-built WC coolers is the tidyness of your computer, because a good air cooler is much bigger, but in most cases you get better performance with a good air cooler instead of a WC cooler like the H60 for the same price.

i agree with moraisGt get h100 if u can

hi takefear the h60 is realy good but i got mine before they made the h100 witch seems to be a far better cooler linux has tested the h60 vs fan coolers both a about the same so unless u get the h100 its not realy worth it now

That great, thanks for letting me know.

CPU: i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 550 Ti RAM: 4GB HDD: 200Gb

try this program if you haven't already (i suspect that you have) http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ . if that program is still reporting too low for some reason your getting temperature above ambient. i would look close at my bios in that case, maybe drop it to default settings and see what is said in windows (or other os) for the temp.

EDIT: be careful if you download the app i linked here, it has gone very commercial since i last downloaded it. the app itself still works fine, but it has companion programs that you need to stop from installing unless for some stupid reason you actually want them.

If he goes into to the BIOS the temperatures readings ought to be normal, mine is, although HW Monitor and every other temperature monitoring software show temperatures a lot lower.

In my case this is what i get:

choVd.png

try to get a h100i if you can afford it, if not then get the h80i, theres no point in getting the older non i versions as the cost difference is miniscule (in the uk it is i dont know if it is in other countries)

If he goes into to the BIOS the temperatures readings ought to be normal' date=' mine is, although HW Monitor and every other temperature monitoring software show temperatures a lot lower. [/quote']

neither are correct. you are looking for "CORE" temperatures.

verify your software is sompatible with that socket/motherboard. different mannies use

different temp sensor resistances and from your capture you are not monitoring the correct

items.

your ambient is not 0°C youd have ice in the floors.. and it wouldnt "swing" in that manor.

get a thermometer for the room and your system will idle 4°-12° above ambient.

airdeano