What razer switch

DaRedBoi

Hi everyone!

I am going to be ordering a razer blackwidow chroma v2 soon.

I was wondering what Razer switch to pick from. 

I have narrowed it down to two switches razer green and razer yellow.

I  like Razer green because it is 140 from Amazon and it sounds nice.

I like Razer yellow because of the 1.2mm actuation point. sadly it is 170.

So which one should I get?

Neither if you can help it. Razer's switches are bad, and that's not just compared to Cherry. Kaihua and Greetech can produce great switches as good as or better than Cherry under their own names but the switches they produce for Razer aren't nearly as good; the switch design itself is flawed.

The only reason to get a Razer keyboard is if you absolutely need Synapse support. If you're just after lighting modes you can use Aurora to port dynamic lighting across Razer, Cooler Master, Logitech, and Corsair mechanical keyboards.

I would strongly recommend that you try these switches out at a computer store (Frys, Best Buy, etc.) before buying; if you end up with a switch you don't like you'll be out quite a bit of money. In general for gaming any light to medium weight non-clicky switch will work fine, but what's best for you is going to be completely up to your own preferences.

13 hours ago, Nimrodor said:

Neither if you can help it. Razer's switches are bad, and that's not just compared to Cherry. Kaihua and Greetech can produce great switches as good as or better than Cherry under their own names but the switches they produce for Razer aren't nearly as good; the switch design itself is flawed.

The only reason to get a Razer keyboard is if you absolutely need Synapse support. If you're just after lighting modes you can use Aurora to port dynamic lighting across Razer, Cooler Master, Logitech, and Corsair mechanical keyboards.

I would strongly recommend that you try these switches out at a computer store (Frys, Best Buy, etc.) before buying; if you end up with a switch you don't like you'll be out quite a bit of money. In general for gaming any light to medium weight non-clicky switch will work fine, but what's best for you is going to be completely up to your own preferences.

Thank You :)