What 3d printer

Hi guy i am new to 3d printing am and interested in getting one to play around with I am looking to make big object so the bigger the printing space and the fast the better thanks in advance

Do you have a certain budget? With 3d printers you basically get what you pay for

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

1 hour ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Do you have a certain budget? With 3d printers you basically get what you pay for

like 1000usd

5 hours ago, The_Promised_End said:

like 1000usd

ah, you have a ton of money to work with. I personally am not the expert and I only really know about  printers in the upper $100 range but you might want to join a facebook group or something. Sorry :(

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

Oh shit, you got a lot more money to work with than most people looking for a printer. The best desktop printer you can buy right now is the prusa i3 mk2. If you really need something huge, maybe look into the lulzbot Taz 6, but that's about twice your budget. On the other end of the price spectrum, the CR-10 is a very cheap printer that somehow works really well and has a larger build volume than most. I will always recommend Ultimaker because I'm a fan boy, but the 2+ extended is a little bit out of your budget and they don't offer modern features at such a high price tag. That being said, they still print really really well. Hope this helps. 

ASU

I would recommend the Flashforge Creator Pro. It's a brilliant "budget" 3D printer - and you get a lot for your money!!

I bought one of the earliest revisions of this printer for personal use about 3 years ago and it's still working great today! I also convinced my workplace to get one a few months ago; a newer revision with a much better bed and better heater cartridge. The bed is fantastic and you no longer need to mess around with a DIY glass one (like I did).

I'll tell you now though, the dual print head sucks! Even if you take the heads off and try re-aligning them yourself; they'll never be perfect. I would actually recommend removing the tip from the left extruder so it doesn't clash with your prints (I say the left so you don't need to keep changing the settings in FlashForge every time you print).

I've used all sorts of 3D prints. The FlashForge Creator Pro, Ultimaker 2+, Prusa i3 Mk1, Dremel Idea Builder... and my favourite, the Stratasys Objet 30. The FFCP is the best value for money printer out there. The build quality is excellent, assembly is a matter of minutes, open source filament. It's a good workhorse.

Linky linky! https://www.amazon.com/FlashForge-Structure-Optimized-Platform-Extruder/dp/B00I8NM6JO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504993428&sr=8-1&tag=linustechtips-21

If you want any more advice, or just pics of things I've printed, lemme know.

20 hours ago, Andrew_C said:

Snip 

Doesn't the flash forge use a proprietary instruction language? Ie not gcode? 

ASU

5 hours ago, The_Promised_End said:

thanks everybody what do you guys think about the tevo little monster

Unfortunately I can't say I've ever heard of it! I guess it depends on how much assembly/tweaking you want to do :)

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Doesn't the flash forge use a proprietary instruction language? Ie not gcode? 

Correct! It uses X3G, by Makerbot. Which can be easily ported from gcode - either via their free software (FlashPrint), or through open source (but slower) software like ReplicatorG. It's really not a shortcoming of the machine, since it is basically a Makerbot for a fraction of the price.

14 minutes ago, Andrew_C said:

Correct! It uses X3G, by Makerbot. Which can be easily ported from gcode - either via their free software (FlashPrint), or through open source (but slower) software like ReplicatorG. It's really not a shortcoming of the machine, since it is basically a Makerbot for a fraction of the price.

Or, make your life a hell of a lot easier and use the widely adopted gcode protocol so you can use some good slicers. I had a friend who got a flash forge for his robotics team. He had the worst of times trying to get it to run properly when adjusting little things in the code.

ASU

29 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Or, make your life a hell of a lot easier and use the widely adopted gcode protocol so you can use some good slicers. I had a friend who got a flash forge for his robotics team. He had the worst of times trying to get it to run properly when adjusting little things in the code.

You really think this is an issue for a newcomer - modifying GCODE? I'm not saying it's out of the question, I just think it unlikely.

Not sure if you've tried it but FlashPrint is an excellent slicer! Takes in your usual STL and spits out a beautiful X3G file :)

8 hours ago, Andrew_C said:

You really think this is an issue for a newcomer - modifying GCODE? I'm not saying it's out of the question, I just think it unlikely.

Not sure if you've tried it but FlashPrint is an excellent slicer! Takes in your usual STL and spits out a beautiful X3G file :)

I just remember my friend had the worst time trying to modify the code to get his heated bed to work. I guess if it's a fairly seamless solution, it can't be a bad choice for a beginner. I'm still going to recommend the i3 Mk2 s for $700.

ASU

On 9/11/2017 at 6:52 AM, Hackentosher said:

I just remember my friend had the worst time trying to modify the code to get his heated bed to work. I guess if it's a fairly seamless solution, it can't be a bad choice for a beginner. I'm still going to recommend the i3 Mk2 s for $700.

Oh wow, that could sway me over... I hadn't realised in the wake of the Mk3, that the Mk2 had become so affordable! I think I would at least have to flip a coin! :D 

2 hours ago, Andrew_C said:

Oh wow, that could sway me over... I hadn't realised in the wake of the Mk3, that the Mk2 had become so affordable! I think I would at least have to flip a coin! :D 

There's an i3 mk3? I don't think so, the i3 mk2 was so well received, but it was always $700 fully assembled. 

ASU

Possibly getting confused over the Ultimaker 3 :P? There will be a Prusa Mk3 no doubt... but yeah, MK2 is almost perfect. For that budget though almost everyone would go with the biggest CR-10 and spend the change on mods to the extruder and frame to increase rigidity.

I have a flash forge creator pro, the build aria is a little small, but it's extremely reliable, not to mention that it has a dual extruder.

5 hours ago, makersmuse said:

Possibly getting confused over the Ultimaker 3 :P? There will be a Prusa Mk3 no doubt... but yeah, MK2 is almost perfect. For that budget though almost everyone would go with the biggest CR-10 and spend the change on mods to the extruder and frame to increase rigidity.

Lmao the actual maker's muse? 

ASU

I have a Tevo Tarantula. I like the build very much and would recommend to you to buy it also.