MCMC Blocks Entire Steam Store Following God Fighting Game Controversy

genexis_x
On 9/8/2017 at 10:19 PM, ZM Fong said:

This block may have been the result of a game available on Steam’s Early Access platform called Fight of Gods. It features religious deities such as Odin, Amaterasu, Moses, and Guan Gong in an arcade-style fighting game, but it was the recent additions of characters such as Jesus and Gautama Buddha that raised the eyebrows of the authorities. Fan requests for the Prophet Muhammad to be added in added fuel to the fire.

Blasphemy: a nonsensical libel and a victimless crime other than having hurt feelings. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

the issue is with the mindset of malaysians, clearly seen by how they drive too.

However for those in malaysia you can still access steam store if you use an external DNS service like google DNS or openDNS. DNScrypt can be helpful in some cases. In the case of http hijacking which steam store uses, you will need to use a vpn that has an app to reroute all traffic (steam is not easy to route through proxy/vpn).

Pretty much Malaysians respond horribly to many harmless things, like sending death threats to the malay muslim that organised a dog petting to show that dogs are ok, not letting people be themselves and going overboard with many things. The problem isnt just restricted to 1 race/religion, even a case of a chinese mercedes driver beating up a security guard for clamping his car as he parked where he shouldnt.

The only solution is for the world to ridicule Malaysia over the silly actions it takes like this one.

9 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Practicing religion should just be outlawed, in this day in age its a proven falsity and has no legitimate reason to stay around.

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

1) I did not say outlaw religion, I said outlaw practicing religion. People can believe what they like, they just shouldn't be allowed to force their beliefs onto everyone else.

What do you consider "practicing religion"?  Should people be banned from talking about their faith?  Should people be banned from gathering together in like minded fellowship?  Should people be banned from adorning themselves or their property with symbols of their religion?  At what point do you say, "that's far enough"?

I don't think you've thought your argument through very well.

In regards to the game, I've never heard of it, but it sounds dumb.  The game is called "Fight of gods" (refuse to capitalize the G), yet they include Moses in there?  He was no god, he was a man.  This whole protest blocking of Steam just seems like much ado about nothing.

You were supposed to connect Asia... not divide it!!!

Capture.JPG

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

On 9/9/2017 at 1:07 AM, Master Disaster said:

2 things,

1) I did not say outlaw religion, I said outlaw practicing religion. People can believe what they like, they just shouldn't be allowed to force their beliefs onto everyone else.

2) Religion is, and always has, been responsible for far more harm and wrong doing in the world than its ever done good. Literally billions of people have been slaughtered in the name of whichever god the perpetrators used to justify their actions, wars, famine, physical abuse, mental abuse, sexual abuse (and yes even pedophilia) have all been actioned against innocent believers in the name of god. Religion has done countless and untold damage to the world and anybody who suggests otherwise is naive.

Religion was invented by the powerful as a method of controlling the mass population using scare tactics, it has NO reason to still be a thing in this day in age when we have a decent moral code, ethics and a society governed by law and order.

I'm not secular, I'm not atheist, I am a scientists and I believe that religion has no place in the modern world and if it disappeared tomorrow the world would be a much better place.

Practicing religion != force beliefs onto everyone else.

Practicing your religion is done many different ways, i.e. praying, congregating, through many many rituals.. You wouldn't prohibit people from this! That's prosecution!

I understand where you're going but you seem to have the notion that everyone who is religious is a fanatic..

Many of the world's most notable scientists are not atheists. I think the institutions that govern various religions are terrible as they pretty much take advantage of a lot of people who just share certain ideologies with their chosen (or not) religion. Church is IMO the monster.

Religion is just an expression of that which you can't yet comprehend.. and if you're a scientist you know there is much you still don't and even more you may never. It doesn't discourage us from experimenting and furthering our science.. But it shouldn't blind us the the spiritual aspect of existence.

Blind belief in Religion is as bad as Blind belief is Science. So remember to keep your eyes open.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

On 9/8/2017 at 0:05 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Frankly, I'd just rather no religious preference rather than secular. Secular governments can introduce a lot of bullshit to discourage one from religion, and when a government does not and won't particularly take a stance on religion, that's a win/win for everyone.

I personally feel the Soviets did it right by keeping religion restricted to home or designated places/buildings of worship.

coming from ther  , i did not know about the game till someone uploaded a newspaper clipping about it on facebook lol ...lthen 1-2 days later , some bigshot got offended(as in the case here , happens very often )  and boom, steam store got blocked ...