Unity development best hardware for game engine?

kfarris

Was wondering what the best hardware platform best benifits the unity game engine? I'd like to upgrade my system but do not know which hardware this particular engine runs best off of. Any advice would be nice... 

Update: This will be for game development not just running unity games. 

Currently running :k_happy:

CPU: FX-8350     (Clocked at 4.4ghz? I think.. been awhile)
  MOBO: Asus 970 pro gaming aura led thing... (dislike) (wish I still had ASUS M5A97 R2.0)
    1 Intel SSD 530 240G series.  (Win 7 ult 64bit)
      1 Samsung SSD 840 Evo 240G  (Win 10 64bit insider build latest)
        1 WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0  (1TB)
          1 WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 (3TB)

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO  (still 100 bucks...)
  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC edition (the only one that comes with a free copy of that one game...)
    Mouse: ROCCAT KONE XTD MAX
      Cooler air: Cooler Master HYPER 212 EVO (works good)
        Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow chroma ultimate/ Old 2009 Compaq ps2 keyboard ( I switch between them...)

Display: INSIGNIA TV 24INCH 1080p 60hz SRS HD true-surround  (Got it in 2012 still going strong after a few repairs...)
(Works really well for streaming games at 1600x9? to twitch/youtube.) (TV supported the latest HDMI tech)

PSU: 80+ GOLD CERT Corsair HX 750 <This has a 7-year warranty it died after 3... Now using an 850 watt modular something.

24Gig of ram running mixed ram with same timings and power consumption zero issues.

[SPOILER="ram that i am using "](https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G3RH4846) and (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220710) [/SPOILER]
  Also, have a few Seagate backup plus portable drives (2tb each)

2 minutes ago, kfarris said:

Was wondering what the best hardware platform best benifits the unity game engine? I'd like to upgrade my system but do not know which hardware this particular engine runs best off of. Any advice would be nice... 

What are your current system specs?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

Unity runs buttery smooth on my system, specs in signature. 

Unity ran somewhat smoothly for me on an I5-2500k with no dedicated graphics. It's not a very demanding engine, that's for sure :)

8 minutes ago, pipnina said:

Unity ran somewhat smoothly for me on an I5-2500k with no dedicated graphics. It's not a very demanding engine, that's for sure :)

The games which you make with it may need some graphics card though. It depends on the quality of assets, textures and graphics

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I think you will need a dedicated GPU in your system. 

Used to play with unreal engine for a bit, and a GTX660 feels choppy on it. 

For 1080p display, a GTX780 or above can give you a better experience. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Your system looks totally fine for unity. Have you tried actually running it?

Well yes, I am running it now and it's fine at first but once you get about 50% into adding cool graphical effects it starts to bog down the machine and I thought it was because I was in the developer version so I exported into a game update and the results stayed the same. Could it be affected do to hard drive read and write speeds? Because I am at a point where the game engine is doing very complex equations and calculations added with a lot of C# scripts and the game server  which is still under development is having issues running certain sandbox worlds with advanced special effects and even the ones with basic graphics and crazy game mechanics (which are still being added on) are starting to show signs of lack of hardware power...