Small Hands Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Review

22 minutes ago, demzilla said:

Linus replied in another Forum.. 

If the Note 8 has Siri, I'll be really impressed. I wonder if he meant Bixby. Perhaps the screen brightness bit? I dunno!

36 minutes ago, Zzyzx said:

If the Note 8 has Siri, I'll be really impressed. I wonder if he meant Bixby. Perhaps the screen brightness bit? I dunno!

There was a comparison made to Siri where he referenced Siri not having a feature that it now has.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back in business with this video. Gonna review it to make sure nothing else got screwed up then I'll set it live on YT :P it's in the OP now though.

Small hands ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

2 hours ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

I love the premium look of samsung devices. I currently have an s7 and was going to get an S8, but I am going to wait for the s9 next march

Yeah, upgrading from an S7 to an S8 is less convincing than the upgrade from an S6 to like an S8/S8+. I have an S6 and upgraded to an S8+. I could've waited until March for the S9/S9+ but Best Buy was running a neat deal on the S8s and S8+s  $300 off for Verizon models, I think $400 for Sprint models and like $250 for AT&T and Unlocked phones.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I agree with Linus on this. 

I was really disappointed by the fingerprint implementation on the S8. I think it's actually a terrible design choice as it is impossible for most people to reach naturally, plus you have a 70% chance of smudging your camera lens.

I had such high hopes they would include the under screen fingerprint sensor on the Note 8, but no luck. I don't understand why we were hearing rumors about this technology for the past year and a half if no one is going to deliver on it until 2018. Maybe the iPhone 8 will have it, but until that is achieved, I guess I'll stick with my One M8 :/

42 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Small hands ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I can think of something or someone 

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on Amazon: http://geni.us/1rF9N

Has Samsung made an... explosive... return to the large smartphone game with the Note 8?

I just wish Linus could've pointed out that the Note 8 can record video at 18.5:9 aspect ratio 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 minutes ago, Fiat-Libertas said:

I agree with Linus on this. 

I was really disappointed by the fingerprint implementation on the S8. I think it's actually a terrible design choice as it is impossible for most people to reach naturally, plus you have a 70% chance of smudging your camera lens.

I had such high hopes they would include the under screen fingerprint sensor on the Note 8, but no luck. I don't understand why we were hearing rumors about this technology for the past year and a half if no one is going to deliver on it until 2018. Maybe the iPhone 8 will have it, but until that is achieved, I guess I'll stick with my One M8 :/

I have an S8+ and I have only mistaken the heartrate sensor for the fingerprint sensor. But I do have thicc fingertips so, I do sometimes hit a little bit of the lens but not enough to actually get over the sensor.

Even when I first got the phone.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

are we going for a re-upload record here? the first re-upload got taken down and now another new version.

I thought Linus sounded quite bored and unenthusiastic in the video. Was he unwell at the time of filming? He does seem to be lacking some of his usual energy. 

FINALLY, today's video!

also,

Note 8 EXPLODES onto the smartphone scene.

lolololololololololol

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

7 hours ago, The Angry Computersmasher said:

My opinions on the Galaxy Note 8 still stand.

By the way, did I mention it costs a bloody thousand dollars?!?

1000$?

coff coff..... iPhone coffff cofff.... almost every apple product ever... cofff coff.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

I just wanted to say that the hand model is much better without the gaudy nail designs

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one of these, and I'm really perplexed by the screen protection options out there. I've got a polymer one on it now, and it looks like absolute ass after using the included pen. Now the protector is riddled with lines and waves from the pen indenting the polymer. I purchased a tempered glass option, and it fell off in about a week as the adhesive is only at the very far edges of the protector.

It really sucks to finally get a high end phone and have it look like garbage to keep it scratch free.

Lets play connect the dots!

::::::::::