s340 elite- front panel required for...aesthetics?

So I just built my firebreathing pink dragon rig ( (1080ti ftw 3, 1800x, 32gb ram, h110i cooler, 2 case fans, asus prime pro x370) and I was getting amazing thermals at 70% fan curve on all 3, but I hate the front panel purely because

it doesn't have any openings besides the little slit in the top.

sl9ZdCo.jpg

Mind you, the thermals don't get INSANELY better or anything when I remove it (showing the h110i's radiator fans as I have a front mount, and of course the magnetic dust filter).

Is there any DISADVANTAGE of leaving the front panel on/off, or does it even matter, thermals or otherwise?

Just wonderin, because with fans at 50% on the gpu I get a toasty 75-sometimes even 80 when im playing like rise of the tomb raider, or even lesser games like fuckin' COMBAT ARMS, which is sad lol, but when I crank the fans to 70% on the gpu only, I get a frosty 62-70, which is great.

But yeah the front panel- does it matter?

It really isn't bad on the s340 still get loads of airflow. It's fine

I had been searching for custom S340 front panels because I thought it would make a difference. After 4 days of folding (100% CPU 100% GPU) where ambient temps were within 2 degrees of each other (2 days on, 2 days off) there was an average of 3 degrees difference over ambient. Not worth leaving it off in my opinion. Still would be cool to have custom front panel options. There's a metric ton of people (very scientific estimate) with S340s that would likely love the ability to further customize.

15 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

I had been searching for custom S340 front panels because I thought it would make a difference. After 4 days of folding (100% CPU 100% GPU) where ambient temps were within 2 degrees of each other (2 days on, 2 days off) there was an average of 3 degrees difference over ambient. Not worth leaving it off in my opinion. Still would be cool to have custom front panel options. There's a metric ton of people (very scientific estimate) with S340s that would likely love the ability to further customize.

jesus christ what made ur system run 100%/100% lol o.O

2 minutes ago, Splashboy3 said:

jesus christ what made ur system run 100%/100% lol o.O

Folding@Home lol. I call it benchmarking stress testing for the good of mankind.

15 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

Folding@Home lol. I call it benchmarking for the good of mankind.

My god, what a hero.