The Anti-RGB PC

LinusTech

I... erh... Right... yeah... I liked the part with the slap to the face. Unfortunately that's all.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

...Every time I see Linus in the raver wig with the cat eared headphones... He bare's an uncanny resemblance to one of my ex girlfriends...

It is a disappointingly small world...

Nala, my desktop, was already quite dark. I pretty much pretended RGB did not exist.

Also, that slap...

"this is a weird video..."

me; "Clearly."

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

You know you could just turn the lights off, right?

It's easier and you will still have working components.

Could also just use non-rgb parts in a black case, if you insist on applying logic to the thing. Not sure logic was really a factor though.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

25 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Talk about content for the sake of content.

Insert the "LOL YOU STILL WATCHED IT DIDN"T U!!1!1!" Reply

Not sure if this or the click-bait incorrectly named "DIY single slot GPU" video was worse.

Did anybody tell them that you can disable the LEDs in the software?

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

43 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

WOOO

X-posted from the video comments because I feel strongly enough about this, and it's all about the feels bro:

This video is everything wrong with LTT. Instead of devoting any serious time to the hardware available to 90% of PC owners (aside from the random "budget GPUs suck for AAA gaming" video--no shit, Sherlock), they destroy a $200 motherboard for...reasons? It seems like the actual tech tips are being relegated to Techquickie, while the main channel devolves into clickbait garbage, low-budget Mythbusters and...phone reviews.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

CARBON NANOTUBES! more conductive than COPPER!

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

lol, it was actually pretty funny. then it died. rip.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

I'd like to see this work. Maybe use parts that are already black and only paint accent parts instead of the PCB? PCs can be plenty pretty without paint. Also, if you're going to paint, please make it smoother and more presentable. It looks like a poorly done repair to a car you'd see in the hood.

7 minutes ago, Kaxey said:

I'd like to see this work. Maybe use parts that are already black and only paint accent parts instead of the PCB? PCs can be plenty pretty without paint. Also, if you're going to paint, please make it smoother and more presentable.

That should have been the video, but no, that's boring. Let's break a fine motherboard and ruin everything else.

8 minutes ago, Kaxey said:

It looks like a poorly done repair to a car you'd see in the hood.

kek

I hate RGB. Why did it ever get popular?

On the flip side, they need to do an entire PC in chrome next.

Chrome paint exists.

1 hour ago, GrayTech said:

Did anybody tell them that you can disable the LEDs in the software?

He did say anti-RGB.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Was actually hoping it would work and watch what would happen with the thermals.

1 hour ago, ONOTech said:

I skipped to the end, so I'm not sure if he mentioned this or not but

why paint over RGB lights? Black components exist and/or you can disable them.

I is confusion

Because why make useful videos when you can trash expensive components for lulz, right?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

The end result of this video only leads me to wonder if any actual research or thought was given to this idea?  It truly seems like someone had an idea and never once stopped to really think it through.  The ending explanation of the video makes this painfully clear. 
It's as if someone saw an ad for Black 2.0 and said "I wonder if it's dark enough to black out RGB", which was a great idea.  But while buying the paint, waiting for it to arrive, unboxing the paint, deciding on what rig to paint, and actually painting the rig, no thought was given regarding execution. 

Interesting idea, but it's obvious that no additional thought was given aside from "let's black out an RGB rig". 

that dislike ratio 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

I haven't watched the video, but judging by the comments itt, I take it Linus just blanked out RGB stuff instead of choosing easy to find non-RGB stuff..?