Corsair H100i issues

Ok so got my new pc yesterday, including a H100i to cool my 3570K.

I installed corsair link today and I am having some issues.

My fans on the H100i (noctua nf-f12's) were really quiet, and working well, but as soon as I try to set up a custom fan curve for them, using corsair link, the fans are going a bit crazy.

They ramp up to ~1300RPM every few seconds, and then begin to drop down, and then just ramp up again. This is occurring when the PC is idling, and my fan curves were set to stay at 800RPM until temperatures hit 50C. The temps are not even going past 40 and the fans are behaving like this.

I do have the fans in the 3570k group so it's not that. I've tried other modes, and the only one which seems to actually control the fan is fixed RPM mode.

I have no idea what's going on.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :-)

EDIT: The fixed RPM control isn't working either now, stuck at ~1300RPM :-/

EDIT: FIXED, Thanks FakezZ

Try changing the usb motherboard connector to another one.That worked for me when I couldn't control anything on the h100i.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Try changing the usb motherboard connector to another one.That worked for me when I couldn't control anything on the h100i.
That actually worked :-) Thank you very much. How strange that the usb port which is used makes a difference. Regardless, I appreciate the help. Thank you! :-)

Rhys

I know it's really strange!When I first bought it I was like "Wait why doesn't it show my h100i?Ahhh sh*t it must be something with the motherboard connectors."And it randomly worked lol :D

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

• 1 year later...

Ok so got my new pc yesterday, including a H100i to cool my 3570K. I installed corsair link today and I am having some issues. My fans on the H100i (noctua nf-f12's) were really quiet, and working well, but as soon as I try to set up a custom fan curve for them, using corsair link, the fans are going a bit crazy. They ramp up to ~1300RPM every few seconds, and then begin to drop down, and then just ramp up again. This is occurring when the PC is idling, and my fan curves were set to stay at 800RPM until temperatures hit 50C. The temps are not even going past 40 and the fans are behaving like this. I do have the fans in the 3570k group so it's not that. I've tried other modes, and the only one which seems to actually control the fan is fixed RPM mode. I have no idea what's going on. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :-) EDIT: The fixed RPM control isn't working either now, stuck at ~1300RPM :-/ EDIT: FIXED, Thanks FakezZ

I just installed an h100i on an FX 8350, would you mind telling me what your custom curves are like? I'm thinking about putting some in but I'm not sure what they should be. Thank you.