Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bAiLeY sMiTh

Custom loop design - community choice

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am struggling to design the custom loop I will begin building in my rig. I have designed a few ideas for it but they do not really cut it. As a water cooling is mainly about looks ( in my view ) it has to look impressive and take up as much of the empty space in the case ( Phanteks enthoo evolv) as much as possible, unsurprisingly my lack of imagination has not yet produced anything which looks good. Before I give in and just go with one of my own designs I just wanted to ask everyone if the had any better ideas

i have attatched a diagram to help.

And by the way the build will be with hard tubing rather that soft.

also If anyone has any suggestions that make a custom loop easier, do not be afraid to say

thanks in advance

IMG_7245.PNG

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
  • Operating System - Windows 10 home 64 bit

can you please also upload a pic of your build with everything in it except the cooling, that might be easier than the drawing :)

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

Sorry I am buying everything at once so i cannot do that

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
5 minutes ago, bAiLeY sMiTh said:

Sorry I am buying everything at once so i cannot do that

but what you plan on buying as components?

just sayin, the evolv has mediocre airflow so heat will be a definite issue even with water.

if you like to have inspiration, this is probably as good as it gets:

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

47 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

but what you plan on buying as components?

just sayin, the evolv has mediocre airflow so heat will be a definite issue even with water.

if you like to have inspiration, this is probably as good as it gets:

Yeah I read about people having issues with airflow but by then it was to late , the one component I have got is the case !

this video helps I had not thought of connecting the gpu and cpu in their own little loop all I need know is a way to connect everything else up to it :)

46 minutes ago, bAiLeY sMiTh said:

Yeah I read about people having issues with airflow but by then it was to late , the one component I have got is the case !

this video helps I had not thought of connecting the gpu and cpu in their own little loop all I need know is a way to connect everything else up to it :)

Loop order doesn't make a difference the main thing is the res to be above and right before the pump so it doesn't run dry. Only other thing is if there are directional inlets and outlets which will be marked. 

I know it probably too late for you to get a new case. As an owner of this case, I'm just gonna say your gonna have a pretty bad time trying to manage the heat. That being said, I can give you a couple tips that I've learned while trying to alleviate air flow problem. Since you don't have a radiator top this won't be as big of a problem but due to the way the top rack is designed there are mounting holes cut to accommodate different sizes. But the issue is that when trying to exhaust air out the top the hot air get splashed back into the case so the solution I did was just to use some electrical tape and taped up all the holes so the hot air only leaves out the top. If you do decided to add a single top exhaust fan tape off the other fan holes.  Another issue is the front intakes. The front panel is connected using a ball and joint system and the "ball" part is connected with screws onto the front panel. What you can do is put spacers (Rubber ones would be good because they can prevent vibrations) in between the front panel and the rail for the "ball" to increase the gap making it easier for the fans to pull air in. And if in the future you decided to add a rad top you can just flip the rear fan around as an intake and buy a magnetic air filter. I hope this helps.

Build

SUPER_PIXEL_COLLIDER

Mobo: Asus x99a II  ||||| Ram: 32 GB Crucial Balistix Sport (White) ||||| CPU: Intel I7 6800k @ 4.35GHz ||||| GPU: ASUS GTX 1080ti Poseidon Platinum  ||||| Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum ||||| Headset: Logitech G930 {Gave it away} ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU x2 ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-m50x Edition Green / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 SATA Ver.  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 1x360 1x240 Pump: Swifttech MCP355 Res: Alphacool Eisbecher 150mm ||||| Case: Phantek Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

1 hour ago, YubinTheBunny said:

I know it probably too late for you to get a new case. As an owner of this case, I'm just gonna say your gonna have a pretty bad time trying to manage the heat. That being said, I can give you a couple tips that I've learned while trying to alleviate air flow problem. Since you don't have a radiator top this won't be as big of a problem but due to the way the top rack is designed there are mounting holes cut to accommodate different sizes. But the issue is that when trying to exhaust air out the top the hot air get splashed back into the case so the solution I did was just to use some electrical tape and taped up all the holes so the hot air only leaves out the top. If you do decided to add a single top exhaust fan tape off the other fan holes.  Another issue is the front intakes. The front panel is connected using a ball and joint system and the "ball" part is connected with screws onto the front panel. What you can do is put spacers (Rubber ones would be good because they can prevent vibrations) in between the front panel and the rail for the "ball" to increase the gap making it easier for the fans to pull air in. And if in the future you decided to add a rad top you can just flip the rear fan around as an intake and buy a magnetic air filter. I hope this helps.

That certainly helps . Thanks