Backlight Bleed on new monitors?

nastdude

I think I have made up my mind on the sort of monitor I want. 
I am thinking of getting this ViewSonic XG2703-GS or ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q (hate red though)

my current monitor is an ASUS MX239H 23in AH-IPS Widescreen LED Monitor

I didn't even know my current monitor has or had back light bleed. I did a back light bleed test and it looked normal and black but when I went to take a photo with my phone it was yellow and you could see the difference on the phone. in person I couldn't even notice it in person.

I only started panicking when I was reading people complain about backlight bleeding :/

My question is is it worth buying a monitor and praying it doesn't have blacklight bleed?.

are the examples on the net exaggerated?

Will I be happy with the above monitors? 

should I wait for HDR?

should I just wait till the technology improves?

Cheers

Nathan 

What  you are seeing with your phone, is most likely IPS Glow (if your montior is IPS). That is completely normal and changes depending on viewing angles. You will not notice it in games or movies or any other dark scenes tbh. Phones/Cameras pick these things up and make them a lot worse than they are, so don't worry.

Back Light Bleed however is a different monster. I have just received my 4th PG279Q, which I can finally say has acceptable levels of BLB (very tiny amount, the size of a 20p coin at the top right corner). The previous examples I had were horrendous....

If you are prepared to play the IPS lottery, go for it. Those displays are visually stunning (when not displaying a black image of course..) and the refresh rate changes your experience to a whole new level. As long as your store has a good return policy, you ll find a great one in no time :)

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

4 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

What  you are seeing with your phone, is most likely IPS Glow (if your montior is IPS). That is completely normal and changes depending on viewing angles. You will not notice it in games or movies or any other dark scenes tbh. Phones/Cameras pick these things up and make them a lot worse than they are, so don't worry.

Back Light Bleed however is a different monster. I have just received my 4th PG279Q, which I can finally say has acceptable levels of BLB (very tiny amount, the size of a 20p coin at the top right corner). The previous examples I had were horrendous....

If you are prepared to play the IPS lottery, go for it. Those displays are visually stunning (when not displaying a black image of course..) and the refresh rate changes your experience to a whole new level. As long as your store has a good return policy, you ll find a great one in no time :)

Ohh I suck at lottery. :/ 

Haven't won anything before, wait I won 10 dollars once . xD 

hmm is it a good gamble :/ 

Bah I think I may have to roll the dice on this I will order me the ViewSonic XG2703-GS I guess.

Lady Luck Lady Luck Lady Luck.

Just now, nastdude said:

Ohh I suck at lottery. :/ 

Haven't won anything before, wait I won 10 dollars once . xD 

hmm is it a good gamble :/ 

Bah I think I may have to roll the dice on this I will order me the ViewSonic XG2703-GS I guess.

Lady Luck Lady Luck Lady Luck.

Don't worry my friend, so do I :D

It is a good gamble, or at least was for me as my store's return policy is awesome and they just kept sending me more lol.

The ViewSonic will most likely have better QC than Asus (the irony...) and Acer, as they released their display quite a bit after (even though it uses the same panel as the others). That said, I can't get over the green accents, it's totally against my build theme and I like the thin bezels of the Asus.

I say give it a go, worse that can happen is you returning it right?

14 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Don't worry my friend, so do I :D

It is a good gamble, or at least was for me as my store's return policy is awesome and they just kept sending me more lol.

The ViewSonic will most likely have better QC than Asus (the irony...) and Acer, as they released their display quite a bit after (even though it uses the same panel as the others). That said, I can't get over the green accents, it's totally against my build theme and I like the thin bezels of the Asus.

I say give it a go, worse that can happen is you returning it right?

Haha yeah definitely will return it if not satisfied.

I don't like red on anything. So green is kinda okay for me. I can live with it :) . 

Yes I read that they use the same panel aswell.

Okay I'm buying the Viewsonic Woo!! I'm pumped :)

2 minutes ago, nastdude said:

Haha yeah definitely will return it if not satisfied.

I don't like red on anything. So green is kinda okay for me. I can live with it :) . 

Yes I read that they use the same panel aswell.

Okay I'm buying the Viewsonic Woo!! I'm pumped :)

I thankfully don't see any red on the Asus as it is VESA mounted :) But you can turn off the red LEDs, and I recommend people do anyway, as they are distracting during night time gameplay.

Awesome man let us know how it goes, here is how I got mine set up:

DZqb0qnl.jpg

5 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

I thankfully don't see any red on the Asus as it is VESA mounted :) But you can turn off the red LEDs, and I recommend people do anyway, as they are distracting during night time gameplay.

Which monitor stand is that and how can I get it?

6 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

DZqb0qnl.jpg

OMG that is AMAZING if only my desk looked like that haha

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

Which monitor stand is that and how can I get it?

It's 3 of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0119NXXYQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A single tripple monitor version wouldn't do as it won't be as adjustable.