Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ANNIHILATOR284

Problem with floatplane, been having it for over a week. no resolves yet.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

 

I am not sure if this is the right place to put it but i feel the 'report an issue' option on floatplane isn't doing much good. anyways i've been trying to watch videos for over a week but am unable to. while trying to download the videos my speeds don't go over 24kbps and buffering is the same story. i have 100 UP 100 DOWN connection here so the internet connectivity isn't an issue at all. streaming was perfectly fine until a week ago but ever since then it's been horrendously slow. i put the videos to download on my way to work every morning and by the time i'm back in the evening they're almost done unless the download gets cut in between which usually happens. 

 

Has anyone else been facing this issue? i've been reporting it for over a week but i feel like my words aren't being heard. has anyone got any solutions to this? this problem has been going on all the videos not just one.

 

I've tried both the downloading methods and all resolutions. i've attached screen shots below for reference. 

adsadadasdadad.PNG

asdasdasdasdad.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ANNIHILATOR284 said:

Hi,

 

I am not sure if this is the right place to put it but i feel the 'report an issue' option on floatplane isn't doing much good. anyways i've been trying to watch videos for over a week but am unable to. while trying to download the videos my speeds don't go over 24kbps and buffering is the same story. i have 100 UP 100 DOWN connection here so the internet connectivity isn't an issue at all. streaming was perfectly fine until a week ago but ever since then it's been horrendously slow. i put the videos to download on my way to work every morning and by the time i'm back in the evening they're almost done unless the download gets cut in between which usually happens. 

 

Has anyone else been facing this issue? i've been reporting it for over a week but i feel like my words aren't being heard. has anyone got any solutions to this? this problem has been going on all the videos not just one.

 

I've tried both the downloading methods and all resolutions. i've attached screen shots below for reference. 

adsadadasdadad.PNG

asdasdasdasdad.PNG

have you tried this?
 

On 2/28/2017 at 3:06 PM, colonel_mortis said:

If you have been billed for access to the floatplane club, but have lost access to the videos subforum, please visit https://linustechtips.com/main/floatplane_resync.php. This script will fix the most common issues, so you should regain access within about 10 minutes.

If you use it, please post in this topic (including whether it appears to have worked) so that I can track how frequently it occurs and whether the script is working correctly.

 


Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?


Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What if you try using a VPN to get around throttling?

 

some ISPs shape incoming videos and streams from known video hosts, 

 

Make sure that you report the issue in the playback issues form, and Luke can get the team to look into it

 

@CatBoiler might also be able to suggest ideas on a resolution

 

lots of people have reported issues with your ISP and youtube in the past, so this *could* be related

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, BubblyCharizard said:

What if you try using a VPN to get around throttling?

 

some ISPs shape incoming videos and streams from known video hosts, 

 

Make sure that you report the issue in the playback issues form, and Luke can get the team to look into it

 

@CatBoiler might also be able to suggest ideas on a resolution

 

lots of people have reported issues with your ISP and youtube in the past, so this *could* be related

well my ISP is good in that way, there no throttling what so ever, i can stream 2 4K streams simultaneously no problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ANNIHILATOR284 said:

does not work, says failed

i would contact a floatplane admin or moderator


Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?


Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ANNIHILATOR284 said:

well my ISP is good in that way, there no throttling what so ever, i can stream 2 4K streams simultaneously no problem.

It might still be ISP. I had also 100/100 connection but I couldn't watch streamed videos at all from Floatplane. Downloads worked and I could stream with mobile data just fine. Same with 2 other connections including one I'm with now.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×