Should I buy an Oculus Rift?

Hey all, Im thinking about buying the oculus rift, but I was reading somewhere that a new version is coming out? 

So should i just buy one now or wait for a newer version?

Wait till its fully done.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

The dev kit is just that, its made for developers.

Its more clunky due to the size, the resolution is lower than the consumer one will be, it lacks positional tracking that the consumer will have.

I'm assuming you are buying as gamer wanting to experience it, so wait. Get the consumer model instead.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

http://isthisretina.com/

Resolution?

Also, do my eyes have to focus 1 cm in front of them? or can they chill as if they would lookd straight forward into starts?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

http://isthisretina.com/

Resolution?

Also, do my eyes have to focus 1 cm in front of them? or can they chill as if they would lookd straight forward into starts?

Pretty sure its made to focus on infinity so as to reduce strain and prevent your eyes being damaged.

If your asking for the resolutions, dev kit is 1280x800, HD prototype is 1920x1080 ( I think) at 7inches (dev) and 5inches (HD)

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Personally yes because I want to really get immersed in a game. But wait for the retail/COnsumer version