240w psu with gtx 1050 low profile

Bigloldog01

Can a 240w run a gtx 1050 low profile?

I got a hp compaq 8200 elite sff pc from school for free and i was wondering if the gtx 1050 low profile below would be able to run on a 240w psu.

gtx 1050 low profile: https://www.umart.com.au/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-1050-OC-2GB-Low-Profile_38224G.html#os_canshu

The pc has some weirdly designed power supply, so i would not be able to upgrade it. 

Thanks,

Bigloldog01.

6 minutes ago, Bigloldog01 said:

I got a hp compaq 8200 elite sff pc from school for free and i was wondering if the gtx 1050 low profile below would be able to run on a 240w psu.

gtx 1050 low profile: https://www.umart.com.au/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-1050-OC-2GB-Low-Profile_38224G.html#os_canshu

The pc has some weirdly designed power supply, so i would not be able to upgrade it. 

Thanks,

Bigloldog01.

it should probably work. you can look for a replacement psu that has more wattage by checking hp website/support. im planning on putting a 1050 ti into a dell vostro 270s.

What else is in the computer? You could probably put the specs in a PSU calculator to figure out what the rest of your power draw will be.

My PC:

O11 Dynamic | Ryzen 2600 | Vega 56 | EK Fluidgaming | Crosshair VI Hero | 16GB DDR4 3000 | CoolerMaster v750 | LG 27GN950 | Beyerdynamic DT 990

16 hours ago, Bigloldog01 said:

Thanks,

Bigloldog01.

Yeah, should be fine.

PSU can/will be loud under load though.

16 hours ago, KeFy said:
Probably, but its really close imo.

No, not really.

Low Profile GPUs don't have PCIe connectors, so 75W.

And a normal Desktop CPU doesn't consume 150W so not even close to 240W...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

18 hours ago, Bigloldog01 said:

Thanks,

Bigloldog01.

Yes, 240W is enough for a GPU that sources all of its power from the PCIe slot (max 75W).

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Got the gpu a couple of days ago, and there are no problems. The gpu works perfectly fine and their is no change in fan speed. I do have to say though, the gaming performance has improved so much.
Thanks guys for helping me!!

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2017 at 7:16 PM, Bigloldog01 said:

Got the gpu a couple of days ago, and there are no problems. The gpu works perfectly fine and their is no change in fan speed. I do have to say though, the gaming performance has improved so much.
Thanks guys for helping me!!

Hey OP, have you had any problems with the setup yet? I'm considering something similar.