William_D

1600x bottleneck 1080 to?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi!

Am I mad to want to par a 1080 to with a 1600x

for use at 1440p.

Will I bottleneck the 1080ti.

Thanks in advance

Depends on the software/games. In general, if it bottlenecks the GPU it won't be that significant of a performance dip. For mainstream gaming you'll be fine

Wi RoZ

if the program can only use 4 threads, it might, if it can use more then that, no

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if the program can only use 4 threads, it might, if it can use more then that, no

12 minutes ago, Colexd said:

you'll be fine

19 minutes ago, Wi RoZ said:

Depends on the software/games. In general, if it bottlenecks the GPU it won't be that significant of a performance dip. For mainstream gaming you'll be fine

22 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

not at all, it will run fine.

Hi again, I just spotted my mistake.

I meant the 1080 ti. Will that still work?

Just now, William_D said:

my conclusion stays the exact same

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, William_D said:

yes