11 members have voted

1. 1. which to buy Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 or Noctua-DH N15

• Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 $74.90
    • Noctua-DH N15 $81

So I am debating between a noctua-DH N15 and a BeQuiet darkrock pro 3

Bequiet dark rock pro cost $74.90

noctua-DH N15 cost $81

which should I buy

The Dark Rock 3 Pro is very quiet and very well built, it would be my pick for sure. Tbh dark style cpu coolers looks way better the the brown ugly looking Nuctua ones.

Given your shortlist, I assume you are going for quiet performance?

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

depends. what do you intend to cool with this, and do you care about the looks? the performance is pretty simmilar...

I feel like I need someone like Linus's fingers to install the be quiet dark rock pro 3

2 minutes ago, WillPJK said:

Given your shortlist, I assume you are going for quiet performance?

Nah I just find close lopps possible leakage to just be a pain plus the performance on close loops are about the same

Both are great but the Be quiet! looks better in my opinion.

I currently have a Be quiet! Dark rock 3 (non pro) and it keeps my i5-6600K around 25 idle and 65 at full load with a stress test on 4.5GHz.

It's super quiet as well so i think it's a good choice.

(Though I've heard that the installation can be a bit hard with the wrench they include)

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Get the Thermalright Macho Rev.B. It's around 50$, and performs like a Noctua NH-D15 while being as silent as the Dark Rock Pro 3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

6 minutes ago, yugi8264 said:

Nah I just find close lopps possible leakage to just be a pain plus the performance on close loops are about the same

I don't follow, sorry. Your shortlist is two coolers based around quiet performance, so I assume that is the key feature you are looking for?

Not sure what you mean by the performance being about the same. Are you comparing a closed loop water cooler to air cooling? I don't do water cooling for a few reasons, but there's a reason tech like the highest end Vega 64 card comes with water coolers: they do keep things cooler than air-only.

COnsidering I use the nearly same phanteks model, I'de go with the Noctua. I'm fairly sure that I could passively cool my CPU considering how big it is. Seriously, it keeps my overclocked Xeon at like 40c. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

2 hours ago, WillPJK said:

Not sure what you mean by the performance being about the same. Are you comparing a closed loop water cooler to air cooling? I don't do water cooling for a few reasons, but there's a reason tech like the highest end Vega 64 card comes with water coolers: they do keep things cooler than air-only.

Top end air coolers are about same in performance with most 240mm AIOs. Thats known fact you can check from several reviews. There are few 280mm and bigger AIOs pulling apart.

You can't really make comparison in cooling performance between CPU and GPU cooling. Surface area and way its cooled is key there. With CPU surface area of coolers/rads and 2 fans cooling it is about same, making coolers close to equal. With GPUs only 3 slot cards have enough heatsink to have even change vs 120mm AIO cooling. Not to mention custom loops, but thats talking about completely different subject.

OP, if you don't have RAM which would cause issues with be Quiet! go for it. They are about equal and $6 is enough to pick cheaper. I haven't installed any be Quiet! coolers, so can't say anything about mounting. But Noctua has very easy and solid mounting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv