Can't control fans

radmanhs

I'm using an ASUS Maximus 8 gene (AI Suite 3) with a swiftech fan splitter to control 6 fans.  For some reason they all only run at max.  It worked perfectly, then I had to move. I reset the CMOS, but I changed everything back to pwm mode.  When you run the fan optimization, they still only run at max. I'm at a loss as to why they wont slow down.  Any ideas?

is the fan port at pwm mode and the fans are not pwm, or vise versa

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Does the fan splitter support PWM?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

You have the splitter (I think I know the one you're talking about; it's 4-pin) connected to a 4 pin fan port on the mobo? The fans connected to the splitter have 4 pins and are PWM? If the previous two questions are yes, then look in the bios for the fan port; sometimes a 4-Pin fan port is set to like "voltage" rather than "PWM" (It should be PWM).

Forgot to say the fans.  The port is pwm, and they are all Corsair pwm fans. Yes the splitter supports pwm, it all worked before I moved.  I'll take a look in the bios again, I think there was only pwm and DC options

4 minutes ago, radmanhs said:

Forgot to say the fans.  The port is pwm, and they are all Corsair pwm fans. Yes the splitter supports pwm, it all worked before I moved.  I'll take a look in the bios again, I think there was only pwm and DC options

On top of that, (if the splitter is plugged into CPU_FAN port), check to see if your motherboard has an option to set the "CPU target temperature". If so, make sure that temperature is set to like "50 degrees", not "low as possible."

I've changed the fan plugged in the primary sensor plug in the splitter 3 times, reset the cmos and started that fresh, no results. The AI Suite is sensing the rpms, but no change.