Are the feet on the Fractal Design Define C removable?

vshah

I was looking at the Fractal Design Define C and I really like it but the only problem is is that the height of the case is 440mm without the feet and 453mm with the feet as per the website. I need the height to be under 445mm because my desk has a shelve above it so I was wondwring if you guys knew if the feet were removable. Thanks!!!

From what i know about this case (an awesome case btw) you cant remove the feets, but im sure there is a way to do so, dont get me on this but im 95% sure you cant remove the feets.

I have a Fractal Design Define R5 and the feet are not easily removable.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

Just now, njmyers3 said:

I have a Fractal Design Define R5 and the feet are not easily removable.

OK, thank you!! 

2 minutes ago, Tsviki said:

From what i know about this case (an awesome case btw) you cant remove the feets, but im sure there is a way to do so, dont get me on this but im 95% sure you cant remove the feets.

OK, thanks!!! 

The only way they would not be removable would be if the feet were part of the molded aluminum case.  If they were not part of the molded aluminum case then they would have to been added after the case was molded.  In that case, they are either "sticky" put on the bottom of the case with some sort of glue or they are mounted to the bottom with a screw in the center of the foot.  If mounted with the screw, then just unscrew the foot and remove it.

The real question is, if the foot is removed either one way or another, will it still provide the additional space needed in order to fit inside your desk?

3 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

The only way they would not be removable would be if the feet were part of the molded aluminum case.  If they were not part of the molded aluminum case then they would have to been added after the case was molded.  In that case, they are either "sticky" put on the bottom of the case with some sort of glue or they are mounted to the bottom with a screw in the center of the foot.  If mounted with the screw, then just unscrew the foot and remove it.

The real question is, if the foot is removed either one way or another, will it still provide the additional space needed in order to fit inside your desk?

To answer your second question first, yes it would definitely provide enough space. It'll be 440mm without the feet and I'm gonna add a little thing to the bottom to lift the case up a hit for air flow. And secondly, you make a very good point. I actually just found a picture of the feet and it looks like the rubber can be removed. I'm just gonna buy it from Amazon and if I can't remove the feet, I'll return it. Thanks so much for your input!!!!?

55 minutes ago, vshah said:

To answer your second question first, yes it would definitely provide enough space. It'll be 440mm without the feet and I'm gonna add a little thing to the bottom to lift the case up a hit for air flow. And secondly, you make a very good point. I actually just found a picture of the feet and it looks like the rubber can be removed. I'm just gonna buy it from Amazon and if I can't remove the feet, I'll return it. Thanks so much for your input!!!!?

Glad to help.  Good luck with your project.

I've removed case feet by scrubbing them on the ground too much and those were fairly low-quality feet from my old Nanoxia. The FD ones I'm sure are high quality and would be hard to take off.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

• 5 months later...

Hi vshah,

Did you manage to remove the feet from the Define C? I'm thinking of getting this case but I want to have it positioned on it's side (due to my desk config), so that the motherboard is horizontal. I also want to remove the feet for this purpose.

Thanks! AH

EDIT: In case it helps anyone else. vshah PM'd me -he did get the feet off easily with a screwdriver.