CS GO What are your thoughts about the cloud 9 roster changes.

So recently the cloud 9 pro cs team had a roster change from N0thing and Shroud to The former members of optic CS Tarik and RUSH

I personally wish N0thing stayed and tarik replaced shroud becuase shroud wanted to retire but what are opinions. 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

8 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

So recently the cloud 9 pro cs team had a roster change from N0thing and Shroud to The former members of optic CS Tarik and RUSH

I personally wish N0thing stayed and tarik replaced shroud becuase shroud wanted to retire but what are opinions. 

Probably should mention which esport this is, as C9 has many teams in various events

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Probably should mention which esport this is, as C9 has many teams in various events

sorry I put it in the tags and question but not title will fix that thank you.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

It's a fantastic trade. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Shroud and N0thing. Shroud being so mechanically gifted and early on when I was watching his stream when he still was named meclipse to when he got on C9, it's a great story and progression of someone's career. Towards the end of his tenure at C9, he was starting to pick up a little. He did say he was giving it his all for one final push and while he never lived up to the hype of being a top 3 player in NA, he certainly played significantly better when he was motivated. He'll be back one day I'm sure, but till then his stream is picking up and honestly that is a lot of revenue that he can earn. Coupled with his lack of competitive motivation, if it's anytime to step down, he probably couldn't have picked a better time.

N0thing on the other hand was benched. I didn't read much into what his comments were since he was relatively quiet throughout news of his removal. He did post an update video I have yet to watch but it did mention he knew it was coming. I'm not sure who but a respectable analyst (probably moses) mentioned that while N0thing had times where he would single handedly win matches for C9. He was very inconsistent. Which leads me nicely into why Tarik is a much better replacement for N0thing.

Tarik is sort of like N0thing without his peaks, peaks meaning that it's not often he would win entire matches for you, but he brings a much needed fragging stability to the lineup. C9 have consistently been plagued by subpar performances from one or two of their players whenever big matches arrive. CS is already hard enough 5v5 against the top teams in the world and if they want to win more significant international tournaments, they need a more stable player like Tarik rather than the explosive potential of N0thing. Whether Tarik will deliver remains to be seen, I haven't really felt his impact in optic ever since eleague season 2 finals when Stan was still IGLing but his current work routine of playing a lot of CS and the new motivation of the top tier NA team should push his ability even more.

Rush in optic was unreal. He would open up sites and just destroy opponents with strong aim and aggression. Unlike Tarik, Rush's impact in optic was very visible. Him and Mixwell when they were full speed, even without Stan they could take maps off teams that normally would run over them. Again in reference to eleague season 2, Rush was a very strong factor in beating Astralis, just opening up sites and making the impeccable CT side of Astralis prone to crumbling. Rush is a fantastic choice for replacing shroud. Shroud historically has been known to be the 2nd or 3rd man into the site on T side, namely your trade fragger. That leaves basically Stewie to entry considering no one else on the team can entry. You usually don't want your IGL and best player on the team entrying. No matter how good of an entry fragger you are, you will still die considerably more than everyone else especially against the top teams in the world. Thats where Rush's role fits nicely. Now they have a solid entry fragger that can really open up difficult CT sides. His great aim also translates well to CT and in effect, Stewie can now focus on his roles and further maximise his IGL ability.

Overall, like mentioned at the start, trading n0thing and shroud for Rush and Tarik are great trades and I expect C9 to be a significantly more dangerous team given sometime. Whether they will win a significant international tournament remains to be seen but it's a significant upgrade that nullifies the weaknesses of C9 and further boosts their strengths. 

What?