hurricane in texas

kevy_levy
3 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

sad thing is insurance rarely ever includes flood insurance as that is almost always a stand alone policy.

where i live some parts require flood insurance if you have a mortgage as the banks wont let you get one without it.  

Flood insurance isn't included here either. I live only about 9 feet about sea level. If the same hurricane hit the Miami area it would cause even more damage than Harvey.

Well guys i just got back from checking my apartment,and water got in up to the electric outlets... but most of my tech is ok,but i did lose a few thing...

But the biggest thing is my car,it's ruined... water got inside up the the drivers side speakers...

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

16 minutes ago, trainergames said:

Well guys i just got back from checking my apartment,and water got in up to the electric outlets... but most of my tech is ok,but i did lose a few thing...

But the biggest thing is my car,it's ruined... water got inside up the the drivers side speakers...

I'm glad to see that some stuff survived. 

yeah i lost my sound system,3-5 old oem 775 based pc's a could of old amd motherboards,3 milk crates full of cables and a couple of routers, a bunch of old ide hard drives that worked before this happened,i also lost a CM Haf 932 case(no pc parts were in it),and a good bit of my clothes...

My sister and her kids lost a couple of boxes of books and some other stuff...

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

3 minutes ago, trainergames said:

yeah i lost my sound system,3-5 old oem 775 based pc's a could of old amd motherboards,3 milk crates full of cables and a couple of routers, a bunch of old ide hard drives that worked before this happened,i also lost a CM Haf 932 case(no pc parts were in it),and a good bit of my clothes...

My sister and her kids lost a couple of boxes of books and some other stuff...

Was there flooding in your house?

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

yes,water got in up to the electric outlets.

1 minute ago, TheCherryKing said:

o.O

31 minutes ago, trainergames said:

Well guys i just got back from checking my apartment,and water got in up to the electric outlets...

o.O

Checking in from Alvin, Tx just between Houston and Galveston. This city holds the record for rainfall in 24hrs for the whole United States. On July 25th 1979 we received 43" in only 24hrs from Tropical Storm Claudette. According to my neighbors who lived here through that storm the water came REALLY close to the same levels. Missed it by only a couple of inches. Luckily my family did not get flooded out, and only one extended member got more than an inch or two in their homes. Everyone is safe regardless but as mentioned in an earlier thread the rivers and bayous are set for EPIC level flooding! The Brazos river basin was evacuated two days ago in preparation for the water that is coming.

Here is the level monitor for the Brazos and you can see how it has evolved. Brazos river level

Desktop - CPU: R5-2600 MOBO: Asus B450 Micro Atx MEM: Team T-Force RGB Black 16gb GPU: MSI 970 CASE: Zalman Z9 Neo White PSU: Antec EA-750 Earthwatts