Sending data from one winforms application to another winforms application in different computer

i want to have 2 applications in 2 separate computers where one will have a form with couple of text boxes and when user inputs in them and press a button i want to send that user input to the other application in the other computer and store it in 2 variables so i can use them for like storing in databases,etc.. How can i achieve this? Please keep the replies simple as im not super good in programming. Thanks

Winsock library programming isn't overly complex. I am assuming you're using C# since you stated your using winforms. I don't know the specifics for a C# implementation but there should be some documentation on winsocks online.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

7 minutes ago, trag1c said:

Winsock library programming isn't overly complex. I am assuming you're using C# since you stated your using winforms. I don't know the specifics for a C# implementation but there should be some documentation on winsocks online.

yes im using C# and thanks, i'll go and see about it 

14 hours ago, trag1c said:

14 hours ago, Shammikit said:

yes im using C# and thanks, i'll go and see about it 

Socket programming in a managed .NET application (like the C# WinForms app being used) is normally done using the System.Net.Sockets namespace, not using WinSock.

There is the basic Socket class that you can use that is very flexible.

The Socket class is not protocol specific and provides an abstraction for network communication. This way you can write code using a single set of semantics (Bind, Connect, Send, Receive, etc) regardless of the network protocols you wish you use. For example, you can write a Sockets-based application that uses IPv4 or IPv6 (and more ) as the network layer.

Source

.NET also provides some protocol specific classes that can help make things easier.

These classes use the Socket class underneath, but do a lot of things for you.