Stuterring/Hiccups while gaming

Haycerus

Hello,

Last week i had to change my 1080 with a 1080ti, whenever i launched a game it was quickly hitting 100% load and then it was : blackscreen -> app doesn't respond

After changing it i started having stuterring and micro freezes (like hiccups) problems in some of my games like in those videos of GTA V bench (1080p at 60FPS) : Link and Link

I got my 1080ti replaced today and the problems are still persisting, they occur randomly like for example in GTA V I do launch the bench several times and they'll never be at the same moment and of different "intensity" as you can see in the two videos.
The weirdest part is that the FPS counter doesn't react to the freeze

Motherboard : Asus X99 Deluxe II (Bios version : 1701 - Latest)
CPU : i7 5820k (OC at 4.1Ghz with 1.125v) cooled with an EK Predator 240
RAM : Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb (8x4gb) DDR4 3'200mhz
GPU : GTX 1080ti - Asus Strix OC (Latest drivers)
Storages : Samsung 840 Pro - 128gb (OS) + Samsung 850 Pro (Games) + WD Black 2tb (Storage and Games)
PSU : Corsair HX850i - 850W

Screens : Asus VG248QE (144hz - 1080p), Asus VE247H (60hz -1080p) and NEC EA222WMe (60hz - 1680x1050)

The list of the games i've tested so far :
- GTA V : Problems (Frequent)
- Black Desert Online : Problems (Less important but nearly every 15 seconds)
- Forza Horizon 3 : Problems (Rare)
- Ghost Recon Wildlands : Problems (Rare)

I didn't encountered the problem in Unigine Valley or Superposition (The only 2 benches i tried so far)

The things i tried :
- Tried with only one of each screen plugged at the same time : No changes
- Tried with only the most basic keyboard and mouse i could find plugged : No changes
- Tried with another PSU (beQuiet Power Zone - 1'000 Watts) : No changes
- Tried with and without using GPU Tweak II : No changes
- Clean installed windows and reflashed the mobo : No changes
- Changed the 1080ti : No changes
- Tried with another kit of RAM (2 x 8gb) : No changes
- Moved some games from the SSD to another one : No changes
- Moved some games to the HDD : No changes
- Tried without any sort of OC (5820k at stock speed of 3.3ghz and RAM without XMP at 2133mhz) : Stuttering/Hiccups were worse

The last point make me think that it might be CPU related but I'm not sure.

All the test i did above were on GTA V benchmark since it's the easiest way to "obtain" any form of stutter/hiccups compared to the other games and with only Discord running, tried without discord and nothing changed.
Also did the two runs in the videos with only GTA V and NZXT Cam running.

Nothing appears in windows event log.

Sorry for any mistakes but english isn't my native language.

I hope i'll have some different opinion and point of view on what's going on and thanks in advance.

EDIT :
- BDO and GTA V on SSD at low settings : Same problem

that looks like drive lag to me , the system is fast but loading things into ram is causeing it to freeze because it's not fast enough for what it's loading.

set your textures to low and try again

Tried it with GTA V on the SSD (850 Pro) with low textures : Same problem

Edited original post to include this test.

try this , turn every setting all the way down and see if it does anything

if it works fine , then start moving each setting back up until it happens again , but do each one standalone so you know where the issue lies

I don't think it's the GPU, that's for sure.

Hmmm. Just on a hunch have you tried running memtest86? I'm not 100% on this theory but maybe you have a bad stick of RAM.

Also could try running CrystalDiskMark on your SSD to see if it's performing as fast as it should be, that's definitely a possible source of the issue. 

I'm definitely leaning towards this being something to do with a CPU/Motherboard/RAM issue at this point, but we'll have to narrow it down.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Here's the result of the Crystaldisk test on the 850 Pro where GTA V is, going to do the memtest right now.

Capture.PNG

Update : Memtest over after 2h10 : No error

So update time :

The CPU died on sunday afternoon, so i moved to X299 with an i7 7800X, and the problem was still here.
Managed to get other RAM stick to see if it's going to change something and it did, even if the Memtest was okay.

So far so good, i'll update this thread in a couple of days if the problem is back or definitly gone.

Thanks for your help everyone !