Hi there!

I have a Gigabyte x299-UD4 and a Intel i7 7820x, everything at stock settings.

I used for a day or so everything worked fine, but today every time I open After effects it gets a BSOD. I can render in C4D with arnold or in Houdini nothing bad happens it works fine, but when I open after effects it gets a BSOD.

I tested with an other identical system and the same thing happened, worked for a day and after a day it started getting BSOD, but with 3Ds Max with Arnold as well. Sometimes the after effects can initialize, I can open a project and scrub the timeline for a minute after that BSOD, sometimes when I click the after effects instantly get BSOD. So it seems like not only the after effects cause the problem, but a special group of softwares maybe calling som strange request on the CPU, I don't know.

Since I tested two identhical systems, a simple hardware failure is very unlikely. I thinking some kind of bad power delivery for the CPU. It is also very strange, that I can't find anything online, only a on post about this error. If the Gigabyte x299-ud4 mother is bad, I would think the whole internet would talk about this.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

I am using the newest version.

I forgot to mention, when I'm using the Gigabyte EasyTune application and I switch the system profile from default to ECO bluescreens as well.

So I don't think a single software causing the problem.

gigabyte also has weird problems on ryzen, maybe they are the problem

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

maybe a newer bios?

I updated the BIOS on one of the systems, but didn't helped. I also played a little with the CPU VCORE loadline callibration profiles, but didn't helped as well. 

10 minutes ago, Byter3 said:

I updated the BIOS on one of the systems, but didn't helped. I also played a little with the CPU VCORE loadline callibration profiles, but didn't helped as well. 

Maybe not getting X299joke would help

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

1 hour ago, dave_k said:

But I already got, so...

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting the exact same thing. Was able to use Adobe Photoshop CC for a couple of days, and now - BSOD. 

The BSOD is a Whea Uncorrectable Error and according to reports it is a hardware fault. Many suggest it is due to overclocking - but my system is stock. My dump files indicate hal.dll as the faulting module, which is the hardware abstraction layer driver - again pointing to a hardware issue and not a software issue. So what is it about the Adobe software that is triggering such a nasty hardware issue?

Gigabyte X299 UD4 Rev 1.0 with latest F4g BIOS.

Intel Core i7-7820X

Corsair Hydro Series H100i 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB SSD

Kingston HyperX Fury HX424C15FB2K2/16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black

ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB OC

If I run Photoshop CC in a VMWare Virtual Machine - it is fine. Such a weird issue.

I'm getting the same issue... I'm only finding people are having this issue with the 7820x specifically. I was testing out AE on my new build last week, was able to create a 4K comp, throw some solids, add movement and motion blur, add turbulent displacement, CC Plastic etc. it was working like a beast.

Now I try to open Photoshop this week and I get the WHEA BSOD. I try AE, same thing. I don't know what has changed this week from last but it has to be a directory, maybe stored or cached files?

I can play games like PUBG just fine for hours. Everything in my PC works great. Just not with Adobe CC at the moment which is a bummer because that's what I need to make money lol.

specs:

i7-7820x

Asus ROG Strix x299-E gaming MOBO

64GB ram @3200

EVGA GeForce 1080 Ti

Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler

EVGA G3 1000w 80+ Gold PSU

Windows 10 64 Home

Samsung 500GB EVO SSD

WD 4TB HDD

SOLUTION EVERYONE!!

For now at least...

-Uninstall Intel Turbo Boost 3.0
-Turn off Turbo Boost in BIOS.

I'm sure a future update will let us use turbo boost with Adobe CC again soon... but until then I believe this is our workaround. Let me know if you guys get similar results!

Has everyone else's systems been stable while using Adobe CC programs after disabling Turbo Boost?

On 9/7/2017 at 9:05 AM, Btchamby said:

Has everyone else's systems been stable while using Adobe CC programs after disabling Turbo Boost?

Yes, sir, disabling turbo boost 3.0 did the trick (msi Raider x299, 7820x).

To add my cent, with intel x299 10.1.1.42 chipset drivers, Premiere works just fine with turbo boost enabled, but After Effects crashes all the time. With the previous chipset drivers, xx.x.x.38, After Effects works with turbo boost 3.0 enabled with no problems, but Premiere crashes straight away! How weird! As if the programs themselves didn't have enough bugs!

Please, if someone finds a solution so that turbo boost can be enabled for all adobe CC, let us know here!

Thanks Btchamby!

UPDATE: Since BIOS update "7A94v16" for MSI Raider x299, released in late November 2017, there's NO CRASH noted while using Adobe CC 2017, with turbo boost enabled and without any avx ratio reduction. So, it may took 6 months for a proper bios update to get released, but finally IT WORKS! 

• 2 months later...

I have a x299 with i9-7980XE (alienware area 51 R4) and getting blue screen all the time in 3ds max /Vray and after effects too. I uninstalled intel turbo boost but it doesn't help at all.

2 other people on the alienware forum have the exact same problem: https://community.dell.com/message/136624-re-area-51-r4-7820x-x299-chipset-bsod-when-doing-anything-demanding?commentID=136624#comment-136624

I am trying the solution on the alienwre forum by user NFB_VM except lowering cpu core at 7, would be too much of a loss. We'll see.

On 8/25/2017 at 12:02 PM, dave_k said:

The real joke is in your sig...

9qcIxuO.jpg

Everyone remember those 6 months in 2017 when AMD was relevant again?

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Just now, TahoeDust said:

The real joke is in your sig...

9qcIxuO.jpg

I'd like to see how amped up and over-fanboyed system you would get here

try to pay $50-100 premium for most of the components

And since screens over 144Hz are non-existent here (hence even 100/144Hz are usually min. $300-350), i dont need 240FPS so 160FPS is enough for me 

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

17 minutes ago, dave_k said:

I'd like to see how amped up and over-fanboyed system you would get here

try to pay $50-100 premium for most of the components

And since screens over 144Hz are non-existent here (hence even 100/144Hz are usually min. $300-350), i dont need 240FPS so 160FPS is enough for me 

x299 pisses all over anything AMD.  A "50-100 premium for most of the components" would not have stopped me from owning the better performing platform.  I like nice fast things...not really a "value option" kind of guy.

Calling the guys platform (that pisses all over your choice) a joke just makes you sound ignorant and jealous.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB