What would be my ideal fan setup

anthonytran7757

I have one static pressure optimized fan and one airflow fan. There are two fan spots on this case. no more no less. I will have the cryorig h7 in there (picking it up tomorrow) and my GPU does not have a blower style cooler and the motherboard is installed upside down. What is the best configuration for my setup? The green is where fans can be mounted. I apologize in advance for the really garbage picture. Its the best I could find given this case is ANCIENT. picked it up from an electronics recycling place for 25 bucks

lian-li-pc-v1100-case-2.png.9366bf78da0643364d0a6c8a244557c5.png

4 minutes ago, anthonytran7757 said:

I have one static pressure optimized fan and one airflow fan. There are two fan spots on this case. no more no less. I will have the cryorig h7 in there (picking it up tomorrow) and my GPU does not have a blower style cooler and the motherboard is installed upside down. What is the best configuration for my setup? The green is where fans can be mounted. I apologize in advance for the really garbage picture. Its the best I could find given this case is ANCIENT. picked it up from an electronics recycling place for 25 bucks

lian-li-pc-v1100-case-2.png.9366bf78da0643364d0a6c8a244557c5.png

i would guess a slightly higher airflow at intake vs exhaust would give positive pressure.. though if your motherboard is mounted upside down, won't all the cables have to exit the case leaving an open gap? 

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

11 minutes ago, EvanTech said:

Try to pass air in through the front, and out through the back.  If you can't, you might want to cut out another fan hole using a saw or something.  If you want to see how too do that, here's the link to the modding department as that is not my specialty.

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/14-case-modding-and-other-mods/ 

Or, you don't mind, you could solve all your problems by just leaving all your side panels off.

Problem is if I mess up there are no replacements. I can't even find pictures let alone spare replacement parts for this case LOL

10 minutes ago, Changis said:

i would guess a slightly higher airflow at intake vs exhaust would give positive pressure.. though if your motherboard is mounted upside down, won't all the cables have to exit the case leaving an open gap? 

the motherboard is rotated 180 degrees and all the ports are beside the fan in the back if thats what you're talking about. I'm just worried that i'll have to clean the case more due to potential negative pressure with the heatsink and rear fan having an easier time moving air than the front. the front fan is all kinds of restricted. not to mention being in a separated compartment 

4 minutes ago, anthonytran7757 said:

Problem is if I mess up there are no replacements. I can't even find pictures let alone spare replacement parts for this case LOL

the motherboard is rotated 180 degrees and all the ports are beside the fan in the back if thats what you're talking about. I'm just worried that i'll have to clean the case more due to potential negative pressure with the heatsink and rear fan having an easier time moving air than the front. the front fan is all kinds of restricted. not to mention being in a separated compartment 

ahh, so it's mirrored? (MB attached to the left side when looking at front?)
if you don't really care for aesthetics, just cut vent holes for the intake fan 

or just get one of those 11k rpm fans :P

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

26 minutes ago, anthonytran7757 said:

Snip

You have an SP fan and an AF fan, with only 2mounting points? people here are really overthinking things lol.

Put your SP fan as an intake in the front of the case right beside those awful looking drive bays. Put your AF fan as exhaust at the rear of the case since there is no restriction in that area and it will best help you exhaust any hot air. Your GPU, being at the top of the case with no possible exhaust or breathing room, may suffer a bit but your saving grace here is that your GPU is upside down now, thus the air is blown down rather than up, so it shouldn't cook itself indefinitely.

That being said, drilling some holes in the top of the case if there aren't any there already would help your card out. You could also try creating a place for a fan mount on the roof of your case near your GPU and have your AF intake there as well (with your SP still intaking the front). All of that combined with your H7 throwing air directionally towards the opening in the rear of your case (where the AF fan would otherwise be placed as exhaust) would probably result in your lowest overall temps.

41 minutes ago, anthonytran7757 said:

-snip-

maybe cut a hole in the bottom for the intake fan? it's not visible at normal veiwing angles. though #DustCity..

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Zyndo said:

You have an SP fan and an AF fan, with only 2mounting points? people here are really overthinking things lol.

Put your SP fan as an intake in the front of the case right beside those awful looking drive bays. Put your AF fan as exhaust at the rear of the case since there is no restriction in that area and it will best help you exhaust any hot air. Your GPU, being at the top of the case with no possible exhaust or breathing room, may suffer a bit but your saving grace here is that your GPU is upside down now, thus the air is blown down rather than up, so it shouldn't cook itself indefinitely.

That being said, drilling some holes in the top of the case if there aren't any there already would help your card out. You could also try creating a place for a fan mount on the roof of your case near your GPU and have your AF intake there as well (with your SP still intaking the front). All of that combined with your H7 throwing air directionally towards the opening in the rear of your case (where the AF fan would otherwise be placed as exhaust) would probably result in your lowest overall temps.

alright ill give that a shot. Fingers crossed it works out well.

22 hours ago, EvanTech said:

If u screw up, just see if u can get another case, or for like 25 bucks, get one of these https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811208060&ignorebbr=1 because they have mounting places.

21 hours ago, Zyndo said:

Thing is I actually wanna keep using this case LOL if i didn't care, sure i'll start drilling all sorts of things out but I do wanna keep this case looking nice

2 hours ago, anthonytran7757 said:

Thing is I actually wanna keep using this case LOL if i didn't care, sure i'll start drilling all sorts of things out but I do wanna keep this case looking nice

You probably won't need to drill holes. It was just a suggestion if things are getting out of hand or for peace of mind. Your GPU will be a bit warmer than it should be, but I doubt it'll overheat or thermal throttle or anything. Which GPU do you have?

29 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

You probably won't need to drill holes. It was just a suggestion if things are getting out of hand or for peace of mind. Your GPU will be a bit warmer than it should be, but I doubt it'll overheat or thermal throttle or anything. Which GPU do you have?

okay tried it out and is actually all right i shouldn't have too many problems under load cpu gets to around 55 ish degrees C and the gpu is around there too

radeon hd 7790 btw. yes its old and probably bottlenecks my CPU but i'm looking to upgrade that in a little while after the dent in my wallet from buying the CPU motherboard and ram goes away :P