Extremely rare PC issue with games

Just now, jdwii said:

Hi if its more unstable in blend then the other test that actually sounds like an issue with the IMC or memory it is possible that the memory controller in your chip is bad but i thought we ran HCI memtest? 

If you could try re-running this open the program 8 times for each thread your CPU has and set each one to 850mb 

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

Let it run to its at 1000% coverage it should take 4-6 hours to its finish if any errors show your ram could be bad not your CPU if you already ran it like this the first time you don't have to do it again but its important. 

I still think its the CPU that is bad however. Very rare thing to have the CPU be bad which is why i'd test the memory i'll show a picture of what your settings should look like in HCI MEMTEST down below

https://postimg.org/image/5w8h9dyud/

If that passes to 1000% then its for sure the CPU. 

I did this today and I'm not sure if I set it to teach thread, I just opened 8 instances of 768mb each. This is the exact procedure I did the other time.

Done.png

1 hour ago, EvilTomato said:

I did this today and I'm not sure if I set it to teach thread, I just opened 8 instances of 768mb each. This is the exact procedure I did the other time.

Done.png

Yup everything is all good on the memory front and IMC in the processor its the processor itself that is bad. 

Things you can do take the CPU out and make sure there is no bent pins and no thermal paste on any of the pins. You have a bad CPU. 

It happens i guess but its very rare. 

It's actually a bit weird that the CPU can stay pegged at 100% for 4-6 hours but crashes in 5min in prime95 

If you want to try manual voltage on the CPU you can always do that, if you can't return the CPU easily but i'd try returning it first. 

Just now, jdwii said:

It's actually a bit weird that the CPU can stay pegged at 100% for 4-6 hours but crashes in 5min in prime95 

If you want to try manual voltage on the CPU you can always do that, if you can't return the CPU easily but i'd try returning it first. 

Could you please elaborate a bit on the CPU voltage? Please. Maybe there's some sort of problem when the ram and the cpu are working at the same time.

Edited by EvilTomato

Just now, EvilTomato said:

Could you please elaborate a bit on the CPU voltage? Please

Well there is a chance that the CPU is very low binned and it needs more voltage then normal for even stock settings. 

Also what temps are you seeing when the CPU is pegged to 100%?

Just now, jdwii said:

Well there is a chance that the CPU is very low binned and it needs more voltage then normal for even stock settings. 

Around 65-70 celsious, not more not less.

Just now, jdwii said:

I sadly can't return the CPU that easily, I will definitely do it but it will take probably some time.

Try setting vcore to 1.2V also set SOC voltage to 1.1V

See if that helps but make sure not to mention this small piece of information too Amd or your retailer. 

Edit leave the frequency alone when doing this just change the voltage. 

Just now, jdwii said:

Try setting vcore to 1.2V also set SOC voltage to 1.1V

See if that helps but make sure not to mention this small piece of information too Amd or your retailer. 

Edit leave the frequency alone when doing this just change the voltage. 

It seems the vcore is set automatically to 1.2v, or atleast when I try to set it on 1.2 it sets to auto. Something worth noting is that in the processor general info I think it says it's receiving 1.126v

Games still crash, forgot to mention that. After only setting SOC to 1.1v.

One thing you can do is under a cinebench run is take a look at CPU voltage through HWinfo

See what it is under load. really on a good 1400 it should be 1.1-1.15 or lower under load. When doing lighter tasks when XFR kicks in it might jump to 1.3+

Also to note that when Ryzen is OC and isn't stable the system screen will just turn black and your system fans will keep running. 

If you are seeing that happen at stock even we know 100% for sure its the processor. 

Just now, jdwii said:

Also to note that when Ryzen is OC and isn't stable the system screen will just turn black and your system fans will keep running. 

If you are seeing that happen at stock even we know 100% for sure its the processor. 

My screen definitely sometimes stutters but not that frequent, it's common for me to see from time to time the message "Appnames- access to graphic hardware was blocked". Something as basic as my browser goes black and recovers quickly from time to time.

Just now, jdwii said:

Took a capture during the Cinebench run and this is what HWinfo showed:Done.thumb.png.d0350e9763fa0841ded4a12ed28f2b2d.png

Can you use hwinfo it tells you a lot more info i'm looking for something like this

Sorry meant that haha been a long day

Just now, jdwii said:

Can you use hwmonitor it tells you a lot more info i'm looking for something like this

Sure, just a minute, wait.

@jdwii You are a star!

Everyone on here be showing off their rigs, so here I go:

Spoiler

Main Desktop CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65 GHz Memory: 2x8GB @ 3200 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA ASUS 1070 MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Storage: NVME M.2 Crucial P1 SSD; SATA Crucial MX500 SSD; Seagate BarraCuda HDD.

Acer Aspire 5755G CPU: Intel i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GT 540M 2GB Storage750GB 2.5" 5400RPM HDD Display15.6" 1366x768

Just now, jdwii said:

Can you use hwmonitor it tells you a lot more info i'm looking for something like this

Here it is.

Done.png

Just now, jeffery7466 said:

@jdwii You are a star!

He's a star and my hero, no homo lol.

Boom found it using 1.11V or so under load hwmonitor isn't always updated as much as hwinfo which tries to always keep up with newer boards. ]

Try setting a fixed voltage on your board to 1.22V also set SOC voltage to 1.15V. 

See if adding a bit more voltage can stabilize the system until you can get a replacement 

Just now, jdwii said:

Boom found it using 1.11V or so under load hwmonitor isn't always updated as much as hwinfo which tries to always keep up with newer boards. ]

Try setting a fixed voltage on your board to 1.22V also set SOC voltage to 1.15V. 

See if adding a bit more voltage can stabilize the system until you can get a replacement 

Fixed voltage on my board is vcore? Sorry I'm not good at computers.

That's ok let me try and find a picture of your bios so i can show you

Just now, jdwii said:

That's ok let me try and find a picture of your bios so i can show you

I'd be really thankful for that.

Man i'm not even sure that board will allow a fixed voltage setting 

Instead try +0.050V or something close to that do not go above +0.1 however GLmKn4C.jpg

Just now, jdwii said:

Man i'm not even sure that board will allow a fixed voltage setting 

Instead try +0.050V or something close to that do not go above +0.1 however GLmKn4C.jpg

On vcore?