Does anyone know where I can find a razer blade with a 970m

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

new MacBooks are not really worth it, especially if OP wants to game. 

If your buying a Razer Blade I do not reccomend gaming on it so

7 minutes ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

I don't want to know something better, does anyone just know where I can get one?

Scroll up

My life

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not worth it 

I know I've seen that I think I'm gonna get an Alienware with the OLED display.

My favorite restaurant is hooters

Just now, RonaldMcDank120 said:

Alienware with the OLED display.

make sure you know what you are getting yourself into, Alienware computers are on the heavy side. 

Just now, TheBeastPC said:

That's way better, thanks!

Do you think that I can find another laptop with an OLED display?

1 hour ago, TheBeastPC said:

that's shit too. look at the heatsink design for that. and then look at some reviews on nbc for temps and such. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

3 hours ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

I need something with a nice display that is why I chose the razer.

Then get an Alienware 13 R3 with an OLED display, you can easily find one of those for under $1500.

EDIT:

Here's an example of the type of system you could get - someone is setting one with an 7700HQ, 1060, OLED, 32GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD for just within your budget. Honestly if I didn't already have a similar system I'd grab it (and my 13 R3 has enough aftermarket work and mods on the cooling system that it's not worth going from a 6700HQ to a 7700HQ for the tiny performance bump).

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

if you are set on buying one, I do have some available here but they are the 2015 versions with the 970m. QHD touchscreen 16gb ram, i7 4720hq. I usually sell A grade ones around $900 with a 60 day warranty. I have a modified vbios for this model as well. Let me know if interested.

2 hours ago, pbhenry3 said:

if you are set on buying one, I do have some available here but they are the 2015 versions with the 970m. QHD touchscreen 16gb ram, i7 4720hq. I usually sell A grade ones around $900 with a 60 day warranty. I have a modified vbios for this model as well. Let me know if interested.

Do you think I could play some newer games, I don't need high settings have my desktop. But I do need to play newer games.

17 minutes ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

Do you think I could play some newer games, I don't need high settings have my desktop. But I do need to play newer games.

The 970m is about on par with the 1050ti which is fine for current games on medium to high settings at 60fps

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Sierra Fox said:

The 970m is about on par with the 1050ti which is fine for current games on medium to high settings at 60fps

I'm talking about with the 4th gen CPU I'm familiar with Nvidia GPUs.

17 minutes ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

I'm talking about with the 4th gen CPU I'm familiar with Nvidia GPUs.

yeah you'll be fine there as long as its a HQ. intel over the pre Ryzen years have really done extremely little improvement, hell my one rig is a 3rd gen and I know a few people happily gaming on 1st/2nd gen i7's. Yes the newer stuff is better but its so marginally better.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

39 minutes ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

of course. the 970m will run any game. Even most current ones at high settings 1080p. the 4th gen 4720hq compared to the 6th gen 6700hq is very similar performance. any difference is negligible. 

3 hours ago, pbhenry3 said:

where do you sell them?

2 minutes ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

I literally looked at that like 5min ago.

I just sold 2 of the blade 14 2013 for $650 each earlier this week. the 2014 ones usually go for around $700, and 2015 $800-$900 range. Occasionally I will sell the 2015-2016 stealths for around $700. Also the blade pro's as well but nothing newer than around 2014 there.

Being I work on these devices daily down to motherboard level, I can confidently offer a warranty with each sale, so something to keep in mind.

1 minute ago, pbhenry3 said:

I just sold 2 of the blade 14 2013 for $650 each earlier this week. the 2014 ones usually go for around $700, and 2015 $800-$900 range. Occasionally I will sell the 2015-2016 stealths for around $700. Also the blade pro's as well but nothing newer than around 2014 there.

Being I work on these devices daily down to motherboard level, I can confidently offer a warranty with each sale, so something to keep in mind.

Do you think you will have in in about a month?

1 minute ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

Do you think you will have in in about a month?

I should still have some available in a month. I usually don't get anything newer than 2015 models in, except for rare occasions. Even If I don't have something listed that you are interested, feel free to message me and I can probably get one ready fairly quickly.

Just now, pbhenry3 said:

I should still have some available in a month. I usually don't get anything newer than 2015 models in, except for rare occasions. Even If I don't have something listed that you are interested, feel free to message me and I can probably get one ready fairly quickly.

Alright, thanks when I need one I'll hit you up.