Should i be afraid?

I have the phantek pc-th14pe air cooler and honestly it's super big in my case ruining the case not just that it's not doing a good job at idle 35c and at gaming 70c i checked the screws and everything and same thing since all my friends have watercoolers im thinking to take a step and go for it but im really afraid of leaks like my computer cost me a ton and ill die if something happens to it honestly i was thinking of going with this Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 i have the core i7 6700k and i want you guys just to be fully honest with me about the leakage. 

I don't think those temps are bad at all. They look actually pretty good (Especially compared to my 5820K with a Noctua NH-D15 running 40c idle and 80c gaming). As to the Corsair H100i v2, it will almost never leak unless you either 1) Break the Radiator, 2) Break the CPU Block, 3) Cut the not easy to cut tubing.

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

4 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I have the phantek pc-th14pe air cooler and honestly it's super big in my case ruining the case not just that it's not doing a good job at idle 35c and at gaming 70c i checked the screws and everything and same thing since all my friends have watercoolers im thinking to take a step and go for it but im really afraid of leaks like my computer cost me a ton and ill die if something happens to it honestly i was thinking of going with this Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 i have the core i7 6700k and i want you guys just to be fully honest with me about the leakage. 

Nothing safer than air cooling :)

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

6 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Nothing safer than air cooling :)

im not arguing but a fan can still damage your whole system if it decided to just saying xD

I've used the Corsair H100i v2 in about 8 builds. Not one has leaked. I've used likely more than 50 Corsair AIOs in the last 5 in various builds and not one has leaked. 

Not saying it won't happen, but I will say quality control seems to be very good w/ Corsair.

Not knowing your ambient temp or conditions, I don't think your temps are all that bad if you don't want to risk it.

I've been running a Corsair H70 Core, for near on five years. I've moved my entire system, without disassembly, more than a few times, through several car rides and more, without a single issue (well except from the amazing amounts of dust my fan pulls through it). 

Apart from the cooling and noise benefits from AIO's there's one other, sometimes overlooked, benefit to AIO's and that is the reduced mechanical load on the motherboard and CPU socket. A good air cooler might weigh up to 1kg, just hanging off the socket, whereas a liquid cooler can have the same weight, or more, but is distributed over multiple mounting points; the case and motherboard. True, the air cooler probably will not cause any problems under normal conditions, but can cause minor warping of the motherboard over extended periods or cause damage to the motherboard when being moved, if not removed.  

The other issue is that AIO are recommended to be replaced, oh say, every 3-5 years. AIO's have more moving parts, and in theory, are not as 'reliable' as air coolers. For example; even the most basic AIO requires a pump and a fan, and both parts are critical- should either fail; you're boned. this compared to an air cooler which has a large heatsink (which could be run passively in a pinch with a quick underclock) and a single moving part- the fan. That said, based on my experience it so far has been a non issue and I'm going to run mine into the ground before getting another AIO.

As far as I'm concerned AIO's are the bee's knees. 

1 minute ago, VanguardScar said:

I've been running a Corsair H70 Core, for near on five years. I've moved my entire system, without disassembly, more than a few times, through several car rides and more, without a single issue (well except from the amazing amounts of dust my fan pulls through it). 

Apart from the cooling and noise benefits from AIO's there's one other, sometimes overlooked, benefit to AIO's and that is the reduced mechanical load on the motherboard and CPU socket. A good air cooler might weigh up to 1kg, just hanging off the socket, whereas a liquid cooler can have the same weight, or more, but is distributed over multiple mounting points; the case and motherboard. True, the air cooler probably will not cause any problems under normal conditions, but can cause minor warping of the motherboard over extended periods or cause damage to the motherboard when being moved, if not removed.  

The other issue is that AIO are recommended to be replaced, oh say, every 3-5 years. AIO's have more moving parts, and in theory, are not as 'reliable' as air coolers. For example; even the most basic AIO requires a pump and a fan, and both parts are critical- should either fail; you're boned. this compared to an air cooler which has a large heatsink (which could be run passively in a pinch with a quick underclock) and a single moving part- the fan. That said, based on my experience it so far has been a non issue and I'm going to run mine into the ground before getting another AIO.

As far as I'm concerned AIO's are the bee's knees. 

So i should go with Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 for i7 6700k for gaming?

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

So i should go with Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 for i7 6700k for gaming?

It is a good cooler, by all accounts. (I haven't used one previously, but I will likely upgrade to one in the near future)

I would recommend it. 

16 minutes ago, VanguardScar said:

It is a good cooler, by all accounts. (I haven't used one previously, but I will likely upgrade to one in the near future)

I would recommend it. 

How's the temps?

I have the asus z170-a motherboard and the phantek enthoo pro case and my cpu is core i7 6700K and i do daily gaming and my computer runs from morning to nights daily what cpu cooler i can buy? Money aint a problem at all i just hate high temps while gaming so i want something to keep my mind at rest and something that is quality and dont leak im paranoid of leaking. 

6 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Buy a big-ass air cooler like the noctua NH-D15 or the Phantecs TC14PE. There are several advantages to large air-coolers such as:

1. No pump to fail

2.  no water to evaporate

3. if the fans fail on an air cooler the computer can keep going. If a water pump fails your CPU cooks itself. 

4. big air coolers are often quieter because of a lack of a pump. 

5. They are cheaper than water coolers. 

6. They perform on par and even sometimes better than some water coolers. 

Yes thats why my phantek phtcp14 le a giant useless fan 34c idle and 70c-80c gaming trust me i checked the screws and everything its crap

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

what?

I have an i7-5820K. That CPU only hits around 50C under a full load and hovers around 30C idle. 

Now that being said, your 6700K uses that crappy TIM and not solder. For me, the phantecs TC14PE has been working great. I kind of doubt a high-end water cooler would help you too much. 

What thermal paste are you using? I use arctic silver 5.

Im using arctic silver 5 too so nothing can help good to know lmfao

you could get your self the EK 360 predator, basically a custom loop prefilled and ready to snap into place, all custom cooler parts not cheaper AIO parts, also expandable if you feel like adding a gpu into the mix

edit: while finding a link I just learned that stopped making them...

if you want to really go high end: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-l360-r2-0

or for ease of use, any of the modern corsair dual rad (240/280mm) coolers are great, cooler master have a new line up out which includes a 360 rad, more radiator means more thermal overhead, won't help with ideals but means can get rid of more heat keeping loop temps and therefore part temps down

7 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

if you want to really go high end: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-l360-r2-0

or for ease of use, any of the modern corsair dual rad (240/280mm) coolers are great, cooler master have a new line up out which includes a 360 rad, more radiator means more thermal overhead, won't help with ideals but means can get rid of more heat keeping loop temps and therefore part temps down

ill get this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019EXSSBG/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B019EXSSBG&pd_rd_r=Y3NHGMCY9SJX5QSBEJW0&pd_rd_w=G3ou2&pd_rd_wg=1bPpB&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=VQ904WJAHFRDX7KJ9PDA&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1cf9d009-399c-49e1-901a-7b8786e59436&pf_rd_i=desktop

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

will be fine, might want to swap the fans in the future, they move air but have a fairly loud bearing, I bought a pair of ML140s for my H110GTi and its a whole lot quieter, your case does support the 280mm coolers if you want a bit more headroom, won't be much though.

Incase you don't already know, when water cooling, your idle temps won't be that low, as the liquid won't get cooler than the room, however when you kick up a load on the cpu, it should keep the temps lower as the water can pull heat away from the cpu better than an air cooler can with in reason.

2 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

will be fine, might want to swap the fans in the future, they move air but have a fairly loud bearing, I bought a pair of ML140s for my H110GTi and its a whole lot quieter, your case does support the 280mm coolers if you want a bit more headroom, won't be much though.

Incase you don't already know, when water cooling, your idle temps won't be that low, as the liquid won't get cooler than the room, however when you kick up a load on the cpu, it should keep the temps lower as the water can pull heat away from the cpu better than an air cooler can with in reason.

Dude, the thing that makes me mad is the fact that almost everyone has watercooling and when i decided to kick it and get a liquid cooler everyone start recommending the air cooler like brooo u have liquid cooler on your pc what are you talking about?!

5 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Dude, the thing that makes me mad is the fact that almost everyone has watercooling and when i decided to kick it and get a liquid cooler everyone start recommending the air cooler like brooo u have liquid cooler on your pc what are you talking about?!

I have the H110GTi on my old 8350 and my new 7600k is under a custom loop, yes air coolers can be great, but water is also great, IMO the bigger AIO's look nicer that a huge tower, and you can work on the pc a hell of a lot easier in most cases. 

that being said, as stated about it could be an issue with the thermal transfer of your chip, which means no fancy water cooler in the world will help much, but it could be 50 other things causing the issue which the cooler will fix. if there is no change, 6700k should still be in warranty no? talk to intel, they just sent me a brand new 7600k as mine was just sticking at 100% constantly

1 minute ago, Yatys 93 said:

I have the H110GTi on my old 8350 and my new 7600k is under a custom loop, yes air coolers can be great, but water is also great, IMO the bigger AIO's loop nicer that a huge tower, and you can work on the pc a hell of a lot easier in most cases. 

that being said, as stated about it could be an issue with the thermal transfer of your chip, which means no fancy water cooler in the world will help much, but it could be 50 other things causing the issue which the cooler will fix. if there is no change, 6700k should still be in warranty no? talk to intel, they just sent me a brand new 7600k as mine was just sticking at 100% constantly

as i get 29c-31c at idle i don't think it's a cpu problem as i had this cpu for over a year my man. i think it's just need a bigger cooler.

Just now, charbel1011 said:

as i get 29c-31c at idle i don't think it's a cpu problem as i had this cpu for over a year my man. i think it's just need a bigger cooler.

then all the best with the h100, one tip I will give you, once you install the corsair link software, put it on the quiet profile, performance is a tad worse, but it goes from really loud to standard case fan, and you can always mess with the fan curve in there to allow for a higher spin speed if you want the temps lower.

9 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

How's the temps?

I'm unsure how to answer that, as I have neither a H100i or 6700k at the moment. The best I can suggest is to have a look at the old Linus Tech Tips video 

I have the space in my space for both so which one to go with? this Corsair Hydro Series H115i vs this Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2  ? and should i be afraid of leaks?

I don't think you will see a difference between the two.

Leaks are ALWAYS a concern. No one can tell you it will never leak.

That said, I haven't seen it yet in 8 builds with that cooler.

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

I don't think you will see a difference between the two.

Leaks are ALWAYS a concern. No one can tell you it will never leak.

That said, I haven't seen it yet in 8 builds with that cooler.

lmfao you notice my posts fast *awkward* xD you havent seen leaks in 8 builds?

Because you keep making new threads and they show up on the right.

Yes, I have used this cooler in 8 PC builds and none have leaked. But I've never had any AIO I've used leak. Mostly Corsair, but I used to use Antec ones many years ago.

The temps you're getting are not terrible, so I feel like you're going to be disappointed when you get a new cooler. No matter which one you pick.