List of Smartphones and Tablets to get the Android Oreo Update

Rekted

I would have like updating to Oreo myself, but after the bricking experience in flashing the Nougat custom ROM, I'm in no hurry to do so again.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I would have like updating to Oreo myself, but after the bricking experience in flashing the Nougat custom ROM, I'm in no hurry to do so again.

what phone? 

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what phone? 

Leeco Le Pro 3 with Lineage OS installed. Phone bricked while installing GAPPS, performed necromancy by flashing a certain file in fast boot. Was just a total PITA to get the ROM on there overall, though it works, so I'm probably not going to touch it anytime soon.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

*looks at 2012 Asus TF201 with Android 7.1.2*, really? That's the only models getting android 8.0 (excluding custom ROM)?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 hours ago, Rekted said:

• Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    •  

I still haven't got Nougat..... WTF Xaiomi?!!!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

It's not on the list, but I really hope they release an update for the Sony Z4 Tablet. The SoC might be bad, but it's still the best tablet on the market.

3 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

IMO almost all phones can get the udpates, but they just don't want to. So you're forced to get a new phone.

On the budget phones, with like 8GB of internal storage. The OS itself eats up like 3+GB or something, adding your app, pics, videos and stuffs, that 8GB can fill up really fast. Too bad these phones only top out at Android 5, Lollipop.

For Android 6 Marshmallow, you can actually combine the external SD card with internal storage, which is a plus for those budget phones, so users won't have to constantly move their apps over to the SD card.

Updates for phones is a bit more complicated than "how much space does it take up".

Each version has to be custom coded for each individual phone. That's why only a handful of phones gets updates. It's not because they are trying to make people buy new phones (although that is most likely part of the reason), it's because it takes a long time to actually port the update over to each individual phone.

25 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

It's not on the list, but I really hope they release an update for the Sony Z4 Tablet. The SoC might be bad, but it's still the best tablet on the market.

Updates for phones is a bit more complicated than "how much space does it take up".

Each version has to be custom coded for each individual phone. That's why only a handful of phones gets updates. It's not because they are trying to make people buy new phones (although that is most likely part of the reason), it's because it takes a long time to actually port the update over to each individual phone.

It will be good once Google does what they should have from the beginning, and has it so that Android can be updated regardless of the device (depending on specs of course-512MB of RAM for example really isn't enough for android 4 and above)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

39 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

My Shield Tablet respectfully disagrees.

Hope Nvidia keep the amazing update support for Shields going, I'd love to see O on my Tablet, I'm pretty sure O on Shield TV is guaranteed due to the 2017 refresh.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

i just hope that whenever Samsung actually does update the S8 to Android Oreo, they update both the unlocked and carrier versions simultaneously. Or update the unlocked models first. because thus far the carrier versions are getting the updates first, when it should be the other way around. 

8 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I just use my Phone for web surfing and some other not important stuff.

So, like everyone else then.

How is the Galaxy A5 2016 gonna be receiving it? It launched on Lollipop and for updates to Marshmallow and Nougat (my dad has one). It has received the usual 2 OS upgrades when it comes to Android phones. I don’t think Oreo is likely but it would be surprising.

I like Oreo, but I’m probably not gonna update because my damn Moto Z will just brick itself trying to update, just like what it did when updating to Nougat. Jeez, had to void my warranty to recover it just because Motorola didn’t want to help.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Huawei P9 is missing. 

Me: Hey, when I am I going to get the new update? I bought this awesome new phone from you last year and I'm really looking forward to Oreo!

Android Smartphone Manufacturer: Just hang in there until you can get the new phone we released this year when your contract rolls over! 

Crapple: We're releasing iOS 11 out to devices we manufactured 5 years ago

49 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Crapple: We're releasing iOS 11 out to devices we manufactured 5 years ago

Not really. The earliest devices to receive iOS 11 are the iPhone 5s and iPad Air (2013) with the 64-bit A7 chip which isn't exactly 5 years ago. iPhone 5 and below will no longer receive iOS 11 because Apple is axing 32-bit support.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

Not really. The earliest devices to receive iOS 11 are the iPhone 5s and iPad Air (2013) with the 64-bit A7 chip which isn't exactly 5 years ago. iPhone 5 and below will no longer receive iOS 11 because Apple is axing 32-bit support.

2013 devices that receive IOS 11 will be slowed down noticeably due to unoptimized software.   

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

2013 devices that receive IOS 11 will be slowed down noticeably due to unoptimized software.   

I'll believe it when I see it. My iPad Air from 2013 became significantly faster than iOS 10.0 after the iOS 10.3 update since Apple ditched the old HFS+ to APFS. Also, what do you mean unoptimized software?

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

what do you mean unoptimized software?

Apple not spending time and effort on an old device, you can see the i phone 4 lags and glitches on IOS 7 compared to its native OS. 

Sweet, both my G6 and Zenpad Z8s will get it.

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Apple not spending time and effort on an old device, you can see the i phone 4 lags and glitches on IOS 7 compared to its native OS. 

The iPhone 4 is also running on a much older processor.

You can optimize it, but it’s not worth the effort. It’s an old phone and runs on a woefully slow processor.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

You can optimize it, but it’s not worth the effort.

my point 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Why would Apple waste resources in optimizing a 32 bit single core SoC like the iPhone 4's A4 chip? It's like saying Microsoft should optimize Windows 10 for Pentium 4's. I was referring to devices from 2013 and beyond which uses a 64 bit SoC.

16 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Why would Apple waste resources in optimizing a 32 bit single core SoC like the iPhone 4's A4 chip? It's like saying Microsoft should optimize Windows 10 for Pentium 4's. I was referring to devices from 2013 and beyond which uses a 64 bit SoC.

I believe his point was that just because the OS will run on the phone, doesn't mean it's optimized for the phone.  iOS 7 would run on the iPhone 4, but it wasn't optimized for it.  iOS 11 will run on the 5s, but that doesn't mean it's optimized for it.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

I believe his point was that just because the OS will run on the phone, doesn't mean it's optimized for the phone.  iOS 7 would run on the iPhone 4, but it wasn't optimized for it.  iOS 11 will run on the 5s, but that doesn't mean it's optimized for it.

That I do not know. I'll wait for the final release in September.

13 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

I might get the Samsung S8

what about the note 8? It looks pretty promising, and by promising I mean it wont blow up

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

My Shield Tablet respectfully disagrees.

Hope Nvidia keep the amazing update support for Shields going, I'd love to see O on my Tablet, I'm pretty sure O on Shield TV is guaranteed due to the 2017 refresh.

The shield is too small for me.