• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pleo

AMD HD7850 "Grey screen of death"?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi everyone,

I'm having some trouble atm.

I was playing a game and suddenly my screen went grey, at first I thought this was related to my game but task manager etc wouldn't show up, so I rebooted.

After that, no signal at all, even my razer equipment (keyboard and mouse) wouldn't light up. I took my PC and cleaned out some dust, still no success.

Now i'm on my intel HD, so I'm certain that its related to my GPU and nothing else, maybe my PSU?

Do you guys have any ideas? I really can't afford losing my good old HD7850.

Thanks.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Asus HD7850gb 2gb strix OC, I literally tried everything but it still says no signal, when i have the card installed my pc won't even boot up properly. Like its not getting enough power even though i have had the same psu for 4 years. (550w)

17 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

What 7850 do you own? I have a Sapphire Dual-X HD 7850 and that's been having issues recently.

No way. Now I have more proof that Sapphire made those 7000 series Dual-X cards have a death date recently.

i still miss my 7950 rip

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

No way. Now I have more proof that Sapphire made those 7000 series Dual-X cards have a death date recently.

i still miss my 7950 rip

f

my card was sold in 2013 tbf and has had a less than satisfactory life so the fact that it's been here for 4 years is pretty surprising

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Local VHS collector and video capture amateur. I'm gay but that's not a redeeming personality trait for me.

@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Tyler :^

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

f

my card was sold in 2013 tbf and has had a less than satisfactory life so the fact that it's been here for 4 years is pretty surprising

TBH I think it was either my overclock that killed it or HORRIBLY bad timing.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.

It might have kicked the bucket. Best thing to do is take card apart, clean it and repaste and try again.

System Specs:

CPU:  Intel 8700K (3.7-4.7GHz Turbo)  GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Ti DUAL OC MB: MSI Z370 Gaming Plus   RAM: Corsair 3000MHz 2x8GB(16GB)  CPU Cooler: Kraken X42 AIO  Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Z  SSD: OCZ ARC100 480GB  HDD: Western Digital 1TB Black, Seagate Barracuda 1TB both 7200RPM, WD Green 2TB (storage)  PSU: Pro750W XFX 80 Plus Gold  Case: NZXT H500 Optical Drive: -