Budget multimedia PC - tips / thoughts?

Hi, my grandma asked me to build him a new PC to replace his old one. He wants to have a PC, that is reliable and will be future-proof for 8 or more years with little maintenance (like his HP pre-built did).

Ok, he wants to:

• browse net
  • watch videos (like youtube for example)
  • be able to play games like Tetris

Here are the parts:

• Ryzen r3 1200
  • Msi A320M PRO VD/s mobo
  • Kingston 4gb DDR4 2400MHz CL15 HyperX Fury black series
  • Corsair CX450m
  • MSI geforce gt 710 1GD3H LP
  • He already has a drive and a case

He doesn´t want to spend more than 350 - 400 euros, cheaper than that would be better of course, but he has no problem with spending a little bit extra if that is worth it.

Any tips to improve it?

have a SSD inside it, otherwise not much 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I might recommend switching to intel and just using integrated graphics.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

9 minutes ago, Merkey said:

Hi, my grandma asked me to build him a new PC to replace his old one. He wants to have a PC, that is reliable and will be future-proof for 8 or more years with little maintenance (like his HP pre-built did).

Ok, he wants to:

• browse net
  • watch videos (like youtube for example)
  • be able to play games like Tetris

Here are the parts:

• Ryzen r3 1200
  • Msi A320M PRO VD/s mobo
  • Kingston 4gb DDR4 2400MHz CL15 HyperX Fury black series
  • Corsair CX450m
  • MSI geforce gt 710 1GD3H LP
  • He already has a drive and a case

He doesn´t want to spend more than 350 - 400 euros, cheaper than that would be better of course, but he has no problem with spending a little bit extra if that is worth it.

Any tips to improve it?

I would also suggest to switch to intel i5 and use the HD graphics. this way you don't need the video card.

Also try to have 8 gb ram total, so 2x 4gb for dual channel total of 8 gb

And please... use a SSD instead of HDD, this will increase computer speed X4

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Any modern processor is fine,  8GB RAM + SSD also nice things to have.

I'm not sure what futureproof by today standart that you expect the hardware would last for 8 years.

Get a MINI PC, it's cheaper, lower power consumption, and almost maintenance free.

8 Years later, just buy the whatever future offer for the money you spend today.

Something like this

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Customizable-Mini-PC-Computer-Intel-Celeron-N2830-Dual-Core-Windows-10-8-7-Linux-Mini-Computador/1169094_32816239859.html

040599910a.jpg

12 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

I would also suggest to switch to intel i5 and use the HD graphics. this way you don't need the video card.

Also try to have 8 gb ram total, so 2x 4gb for dual channel total of 8 gb

And please... use a SSD instead of HDD, this will increase computer speed X4

I am not sure if the HD graphics would be better than the gt 710. And I din´t mention that I am planning to use a SSD and his HDD

1 minute ago, Blebekblebek said:

Any modern processor is fine,  8GB RAM + SSD also nice things to have.

I will put there a SSD, forgot to mention it. Do I really need 8gb of ram for net browsing?

1 minute ago, Merkey said:

I will put there a SSD, forgot to mention it. Do I really need 8gb of ram for net browsing?

I suggest 8 gb yes.

4 gb is short. windows will use 1.5 by itself, consider 2.5 gb of ram for browsing etc. a little weak...

specially if you tell me you want it to last 5+ years, yes make it 8 gb 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

2 minutes ago, Merkey said:

I usually recommand 8 gb for normal usage and 16 for gaming

1 minute ago, gbergeron said:

4 gb is short. windows will use 1.5 by itself, consider 2.5 gb of ram for browsing etc. a little weak...

specially if you tell me you want it to last 5+ years, yes make it 8 gb 

Ah, you are right, 8gb will be better for futureproofing