Ok, real talk, Linus SHOULD own a lambo by now.

Syntaxvgm
16 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

I agree 100%.  8k camera was a huge waste of money.  1440p 60fps is more than enough for any Youtuber.  The amount of growth Linus has achieved is truly impressive, time to pay himself more seriously!  The man should be a millionaire by now.

if you watched the video than you would understand that they didnt buy the cameras to upload 8k content to youtube...

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

13 hours ago, Seamonster420 said:

If you own a lambo there's a 100% chance that you also have a micropenis.

not really, they're just bad with money. It's kinda like that truck shit I hate.

Still dislike them. 

But not really. 

Met a dude with a huge penis. Drove a truck with a lift kit. Don't ask how I know that. 

Anyway it turns out he was a terrible person, not a terrible penis. 

I want a truck and it's got nothing to do with my cock size, more that I want a truck. I happen to want a 4 cylindar ranger or something similar, but if I wanted a big ass diesel truck I should be allowed to drive that without judgement as long as I'm not rolling coal. 

I also want a miata. That is pretty gay tbh. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

7 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

if you watched the video than you would understand that they didnt buy the cameras to upload 8k content to youtube...

Yes I watched it, its for cropping/stabilizing.  But at some point the sensor can out resolve the lenses and beyond that point more pixels wont do shit.  I think 8k is beyond that point for all but the best fixed focal length lenses.  Linus is not producing content for the box office.  I'm sure the RED gear is great, but from my armchair-quarterback position, I think it's a waste of money.  Then again, I'm not the one making $100k/month on Amazon affiliate checks.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

@TheRandomness I'm pretty sure the ebay link rule is about Hot Deals, second hand sites and self advertising mentioned in the hot deals section. I'm not trying to sell a lambo lol. 

• eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (Eg who can do data recovery in Vancouver, Anyone know where I can get this part?)

how else am I gonna tell Linus how to get a lambo? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

5 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

Yes I watched it, its for cropping/stabilizing.  But at some point the sensor can out resolve the lenses and beyond that point more pixels wont do shit.  I think 8k is beyond that point for all but the best fixed focal length lenses.  Linus is not producing content for the box office.  I'm sure the RED gear is great, but from my armchair-quarterback position, I think it's a waste of money.  Then again, I'm not the one making $100k/month on Amazon affiliate checks.

its also an investment for the company. they are (probably) planning on using these for a while. also they do professional shoots for training videos for intel about the processors 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

On 8/23/2017 at 3:40 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

While Porsche might be impractical, Hummer is just pure ugly. No offense to any Hummerists.

Those big Porsche's are ugly as hell too though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

55 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

its also an investment for the company. they are (probably) planning on using these for a while. also they do professional shoots for training videos for intel about the processors 

I know what you are trying to say, but the word 'investment' doesn't turn a bad purchase into a good purchase.  Again, I'm just armchain-quarterbacking here.  I'm sure Linus knows his business better than us.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

11 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

I know what you are trying to say, but the word 'investment' doesn't turn a bad purchase into a good purchase.  Again, I'm just armchain-quarterbacking here.  I'm sure Linus knows his business better than us.

fair enough lol. hes come this far, he must be doing something right

8 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

not really, they're just bad with money. It's kinda like that truck shit I hate.

Still dislike them. 

But not really. 

Met a dude with a huge penis. Drove a truck with a lift kit. Don't ask how I know that. 

Anyway it turns out he was a terrible person, not a terrible penis. 

I want a truck and it's got nothing to do with my cock size, more that I want a truck. I happen to want a 4 cylindar ranger or something similar, but if I wanted a big ass diesel truck I should be allowed to drive that without judgement as long as I'm not rolling coal. 

I also want a miata. That is pretty gay tbh. 

Wanting a Miata isn't gay, sizing up other men's penises is in the ballpark however.

Back to the topic at hand, since Linus isn't a car guy, he's as far removed from a car guy as you can get, a Lambo would be completely wasted on him. It would be like someone buying a $5000 watercooled gaming rig, when all they wanted to do was sit in a coffee shop writing their screen play.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Back to the topic at hand, since Linus isn't a car guy, he's as far removed from a car guy as you can get, a Lambo would be completely wasted on him. It would be like someone buying a $5000 watercooled gaming rig, when all they wanted to do was sit in a coffee shop writing their screen play.

That's the point. Wtf does he need one for?

Therefore he needs one. 

muh specs 

All parts black

On 8/23/2017 at 1:31 PM, spwath said:

Why? What makes you say that?

They are really overpriced for what they are. I mean 60k for a base model S. Thats insanely overpriced. They are good cars but cost way too much.

1 minute ago, rony59turbo said:

They are really overpriced for what they are. I mean 60k for a base model S. Thats insanely overpriced. They are good cars but cost way too much.

not really for a luxury, electric, car.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just now, spwath said:

not really for a luxury, electric, car.

Its not very luxury for 60k. Have you ever sat in one? We have a 40k Lincoln MKZ which is 10x nicer on the inside.