Ok, real talk, Linus SHOULD own a lambo by now.

Syntaxvgm

@LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg

Ya'll just spent 140k US on new camera equipment. 

You can buy good lambos for low six figures.

2011 Gallardo, 108k

[Link removed]

I think a new one would cost 200k ish?

Seriously, all you have to do is just stop being so passionate about improving your ever growing company, give up, and add a lamborghini to your lamborghini account. And books. Get lots of books. 

Of course your fanbase likes seeing improved quality of content, but you know what they really want? To see you buy a lambo and complete the joke. 

Stop being so selfish. 

Edited by TheRandomness
ebay link reeeeeeeeeeee

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

There are also Lambos that go for $60,000. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, company money =/= personal money :P

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

somehow i don't think the CRA would see that as a valid company expense and could not be classed as a company vehicle. at least the camera is equipment that can be used as a tax write-off since it improves the company and was bought specifically for business purposes

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

*buys lambo on ebay*

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

and how would he squeeze his wife and - how many is it now - 5 children inside a lambo?

you can rent cars or even lease them nowadays, no need to spend loads of money..

and the cameras are investment, they make money for the company so eventually they'll pay for themselves. A lambo will only eat your money giving you a tiny bit of satisfaction in return (not unlike  a drug)

9 minutes ago, mariushm said:

and how would he squeeze his wife and - how many is it now - 5 children inside a lambo?

you can rent cars or even lease them nowadays, no need to spend loads of money..

and the cameras are investment, they make money for the company so eventually they'll pay for themselves. A lambo will only eat your money giving you a tiny bit of satisfaction in return (not unlike  a drug)

Which is good, because when he Paul Walkers himself into a Tim Hortons his family will be safe. 

BTW plenty of people that buy lambos have a family. They just regret their family. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

He can carry his kids like this:

15 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

There are also Lambos that go for $60,000. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, company money =/= personal money :P

the only thing separating the two is some personal income taxes. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Well, he could get Porsche SUV. Been in one, its tight fit, but i can see wife and 3 kids there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Personally speaking, as someone who thinks normal 1080p youtube playback is already good enough, leave alone 1440p or 4k, this camera alongside the so called "justifications" provided in the video was probably one of the dumbest "improvements" Linus ever afforded regardless of how hard they try justifying it.

As Corridor Digital explained this gear is for extremely expensive movie scenes don't go to waste due to bad recording, get one of these to make normal footage inside the office that can be repeat as many times as needed as there is no expensive renting things and places costs makes no sense what so ever, quality wise included, there is not point in 8k at all.

I will be honest even if it sounds offensive, it felt that purchasing this camera, accessories and upgrading the editing computer to be capable of handling the 8k footage and all true justification is that he wanted feel professional and badass and Linus went on his talk... because there is no actual genuine sense in what they did, as stated on OP Linus should've just got himself a second hand Ferrari for the lulz.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well, he could get Porsche SUV. Been in one, its tight fit, but i can see wife and 3 kids there.

There is a hummer limo down the street from me. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

There is a hummer limo down the street from me. 

While Porsche might be impractical, Hummer is just pure ugly. No offense to any Hummerists.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Personally speaking, as someone who thinks normal 1080p youtube playback is already good enough, leave alone 1440p or 4k, this camera alongside the so called "justifications" provided in the video was probably one of the dumbest "improvements" Linus ever afforded regardless of how hard they try justifying it.

As Corridor Digital explained this gear is so extremely expensive movie scenes don't go to waste due to bad recording, get one of these to make normal footage inside the office that can be repeat as many times as needed as there is no expensive renting things and places costs makes no sense what so ever, quality wise included, there is not point in 8k at all.

I will be honest even if it sounds offensive, it felt that purchasing this camera, accessories and upgrading the editing computer to be capable of handling the 8k footage and all true justification is that he wanted feel professional and badass and Linus went on his talk... because there is no actual genuine sense what they did, as stated on OP Linus should've just got himself a second hand Ferrari for the lulz.

B-Roll is large of what makes a video successful to the masses imo, and I'm sure this is cheaper in the long run than hiring Marques Brownlee 

muh specs 

All parts black

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

While Porsche might be impractical, Hummer is just pure ugly. No offense to any Hummerists.

it's both ugly and a bad fucking car. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Lambo? No. Tesla, yes.

The problem is that the car doesn't bring money.  The camera is paid by multiple videos.

Bullshit. All you need is a Tim Hortons and a coked up politician right before his heart implodes and you got content. 

muh specs 

All parts black

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

As Corridor Digital explained this gear is for extremely expensive movie scenes don't go to waste due to bad recording, get one of these to make normal footage inside the office that can be repeat as many times as needed as there is no expensive renting things and places costs makes no sense what so ever, quality wise included, there is not point in 8k at all.

I will be honest even if it sounds offensive, it felt that purchasing this camera, accessories and upgrading the editing computer to be capable of handling the 8k footage and all true justification is that he wanted feel professional and badass and Linus went on his talk... because there is no actual genuine sense what they did, as stated on OP Linus should've just got himself a second hand Ferrari for the lulz.

I agree 100%.  8k camera was a huge waste of money.  1440p 60fps is more than enough for any Youtuber.  The amount of growth Linus has achieved is truly impressive, time to pay himself more seriously!  The man should be a millionaire by now.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Lambo? No. Tesla, yes.

The problem is that the car doesn't bring money.  The camera is paid by multiple videos.

They could've recorded the Lambo in every single video with the old 6K camera. Profit. Don't be so close minded Bytes. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Deal With It.jpg

Image result for linus lambo

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

24 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

You can buy good lambos for low six figures.

That is a dead investment and that being smart about finances and not an attitude of a successful businessman. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, CostcoSamples said:

I agree 100%.  8k camera was a huge waste of money.  1440p 60fps is more than enough for any Youtuber.  The amount of growth Linus has achieved is truly impressive, time to pay himself more seriously!  The man should be a millionaire by now.

tbh if I were in his position I would keep the amount of my savings private, high or low. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

That is a dead investment and that being smart about finances and not an attitude of a successful businessman. 

This is a pretty obvious satire. 

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

ok if we're gonna be real here a 2011 lambo is not a good car to invest in as far as luxury cars go, and it will contribute nothing to his business, but it will lose less value in 10 years than the camera will 

muh specs 

All parts black

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What makes you qualified to judge the taste of overly passionate eccentrics? 

https://www.google.hr/search?q=ugliest+hummer&client=ms-unknown&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRiqrMzO3VAhVFPhQKHXEhAFwQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=222

I lnow it's awful. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

What makes you qualified to judge the taste of overly passionate eccentrics? 

https://www.google.hr/search?q=ugliest+hummer&client=ms-unknown&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRiqrMzO3VAhVFPhQKHXEhAFwQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=222

I lnow it's awful. 

the-hummer-gt--ugliest-modification-yet_

oh good fucking god how dare they take the iconic beautiful GT40 gulf color scheme and turn it into...this?

I'm actually triggered. 

muh specs 

All parts black