Possible to extract a part from 3D model and making it into 3D Printing layout? Comment if you own an Asus Strix X370-F mobo

Hello, i have the Asus B350-F Strix motherboard and it has no IO cover and i thought it would be cool to make a 3D print layout, i found a model of the X370-F which is very similiar to the B350-F with the layout of back IO ports and components spread over the PCB. I will include the link for the model, plus i will have to get the dimensions of the cover from someone who owns the X370-F mobo.

Thanks

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

You can get an IO cover 3D Model directly from Asus
https://rog.asus.com/articles/pc-mods/download-3d-printable-parts-now/#

Though it's not this exact same one, I believe it should still fit, IO size doesn't really change across the boards.

In the worst case, I do believe that you could edit the 3D model you've shown and simply remove the redundant parts. Not sure how it will mount to your motherboard after that though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x聽/ GPU:Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB/ RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB聽DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus聽/ NVME: Corsair聽MP510 240GB / Case:TT Core v21聽/ PSU: Seasonic 750W聽/ OS: Win聽10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You can get an IO cover 3D Model directly from Asus
https://rog.asus.com/articles/pc-mods/download-3d-printable-parts-now/#

Though it's not this exact same one, I believe it should still fit, IO size doesn't really change across the boards.

In the worst case, I do believe that you could edit the 3D model you've shown and simply remove the redundant parts. Not sure how it will mount to your motherboard after that though.

The LTT way aka double-sided tape xD

Just now, dave_k said:

The LTT way aka double-sided tape xD

Try the 3D model directly from asus, it should have mounting points for the standoffs at the very least. Which is better than if you cut down the model you showed that doesn't have any mounting point (from what I can see anyway).

You could also find other 3D model of IO covers(that you can actually mount)聽online if you looked, I saw some others that were pretty nice looking.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x聽/ GPU:Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB/ RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB聽DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus聽/ NVME: Corsair聽MP510 240GB / Case:TT Core v21聽/ PSU: Seasonic 750W聽/ OS: Win聽10 Pro

9 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Try the 3D model directly from asus, it should have mounting points for the standoffs at the very least. Which is better than if you cut down the model you showed that doesn't have any mounting point (from what I can see anyway).

You could also find other 3D model of IO covers(that you can actually mount)聽online if you looked, I saw some others that were pretty nice looking.

Can麓t find any other ones :(