Is there a way to invert the function of the caps lock key

cl4nk

Basically I want my keyboard and my computer to see two different things. When caps lock is off I want the light on my keyboard to shine and when caps lock is on I want the light to be off.

Does anyone know how I could do this?

Check out autohotkey, you might be able to remap the capslock key to an inverted capslock key.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

some keyboard do this Lol.. but what is the point of this? It's just backwards logic.. usually a lit led means something is on, not off. I guess it doesn't matter, it just seems like an odd request. 

1 minute ago, cl4nk said:

Basically I want my keyboard and my computer to see two different things. When caps lock is off I want the light on my keyboard to shine and when caps lock is on I want the light to be off.

Does anyone know how I could do this?

What kind of keyboard is it?

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

Just now, Chaos Network said:

What kind of keyboard is it?

CoolerMaster MasterKeys Pro L RGB

Just now, cl4nk said:

CoolerMaster MasterKeys Pro L RGB

Ok, copy that, and paste it into google, and then type, inverted caps lock

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

3 minutes ago, jarmenti said:

some keyboard do this Lol.. but what is the point of this? It's just backwards logic.. usually a lit led means something is on, not off. I guess it doesn't matter, it just seems like an odd request. 

My keyboard doesn't have the traditional led indicators, instead the key glows up when caps lock is activated. The thing is that I have never legitimately used caps lock so it is never glowing and it can look somewhat odd.

caps lock is the stupidest key on the keyboard... can we just get rid of it? lol WHO WANTS TO YELL TYPE ALL THE TIME ANYWAY! ahahha

7 minutes ago, jarmenti said:

caps lock is the stupidest key on the keyboard... can we just get rid of it? lol WHO WANTS TO YELL TYPE ALL THE TIME ANYWAY! ahahha

It's important for links and capchas and the like.

if you really want to get rid of a key, kill scroll lock. it's literally useless.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

17 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Check out autohotkey, you might be able to remap the capslock key to an inverted capslock key.

There might be a way to do this with autohotkey but quite frankly I have no idea how to use it

1 minute ago, cl4nk said:

There might be a way to do this with autohotkey but quite frankly I have no idea how to use it

Well, that's why you start learning now :) 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

It's important for links and capchas and the like.

if you really want to get rid of a key, kill scroll lock. it's literally useless.

does it even do anything? scroll lock that is?

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

no, it used to lock "scrolling" lol, like toggling between scrolling and moving the line cursor via arrow keys (think really old computer programs w/ no mouse pointer).  rumor has it that it works in excel still? 

Just now, jarmenti said:

no, it used to lock "scrolling" lol, like toggling between scrolling and moving the line cursor (think really old computer programs w/ no mouse pointer).  rumor has it that it works in excel still? 

ok

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

5 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

does it even do anything? scroll lock that is?

back in the ibm days, it used to change the arrows keys to scroll the content instead of the screen. (like a mac).

excel still uses it, and actually a few other programs. but for the most part its useless, mostly cuz nobody knew what it did.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

back in the ibm days, it used to change the arrows keys to scroll the content instead of the screen. (like a mac).

excel still uses it, and actually a few other programs. but for the most part its useless, mostly cuz nobody knew what it did.

im on a macbook air rn

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

Just now, Chaos Network said:

im on a mac

then its useless, just pull the key off, you dont need it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

then its useless, just pull the key off, you dont need it.

i dont have this key, im on my macbook, but i have it on my Elitebook keyboard, and my desktop keyboard, but i never use it, cuz idk what it does

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

I still say the caps lock is about as useless.. still trying to figure out an example where you'd even use caps lock in a captcha or link, vs simply using the shift key. Caps locks main use is to turn off caps lock when it is accidentally turned on. LOL

Not entirely useless. I've seen it used in old games to perma run instead of having to hold down shift to run.. Can't even remember what game that was at this point so it's been a while.