How do you orient the led strips on your case?

This might seem like a really weird question, but how do you orient the led lights inside a PC case? I am asking because I orient them inwards (to shine at the components) because it gives the most even lighting and when I orient them sideways (up/down) they just shine at all the dust and fingerprints on my window and it looks pretty horrible but most if not all Youtube tutorials on how to install light strips do it like that. Hell, even Corsair's official website has a picture showing them like that ( http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/~/media/D8D7738470504E7C8DE3D98371B07D4B.ashx?w=780 ) but when I do it and I have the 460X which is a similar case it looks awful.
I know this is a weird post but I am just baffled about this and confused am I the only one who orients his light strips inwards?

I did that when I had LEDs in my case but got rid of them since they were battery operated

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I have a Corsair 750D and my magnetic light strip is just above my side panel window on the top of the case.

EDIT: Added shitty webcam photo of my rig for reference.

WIN_20170822_20_39_19_Pro.jpg

Edited by thedanfiscus

45 minutes ago, thedanfiscus said:

I have a Corsair 750D and my magnetic light strip is just above my side panel window on the top of the case.

EDIT: Added shitty webcam photo of my rig for reference.

WIN_20170822_20_39_19_Pro.jpg

Hmm, from what I see yours are shining downwards, aren't you able to see all of the specks of dust on your window because of that, because I always can when I orient mine like that?

Just now, superpentium said:

Hmm, from what I see yours are shining downwards, aren't you able to see all of the specks of dust on your window because of that, because I always can when I orient mine like that?

No, its really not that bad. I wipe it off every once in a while, but it isn't that dusty.

Im using the NZXT led kit and it is long enough for a full loop around the edges. I looks fine and you dont even notice the dust when it is dirty.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

16 hours ago, xGGAx said:

Im using the NZXT led kit and it is long enough for a full loop around the edges. I looks fine and you dont even notice the dust when it is dirty.

Do you mean the HUE+ or their sleeved LED lights, cause the latter is quite dim and wouldn't really reflect dust all that much?

Unless you want them to flash in your face, distract you + light pollution, I would recommend orienting them inward towards your component.

20 minutes ago, YongKang said:

Unless you want them to flash in your face, distract you + light pollution, I would recommend orienting them inward towards your component.

That's what I've done it's a million times better but my OCD was freaking out cause it felt like I was the only one doing it.

3 minutes ago, superpentium said:

That's what I've done it's a million times better but my OCD was freaking out cause it felt like I was the only one doing it.

I got OCD as well but I would rather keep my eyesight and sleep soundly during night lol!

40 minutes ago, superpentium said:

Do you mean the HUE+ or their sleeved LED lights, cause the latter is quite dim and wouldn't really reflect dust all that much?

the sleeved one, but I got the longest which is 2m. I dont think it is that dim, at least in my case. I'll take a picture once I get home.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

29 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

the sleeved one, but I got the longest which is 2m. I dont think it is that dim, at least in my case. I'll take a picture once I get home.

No, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean it in a negative way, I think those led strips have a nice and subtle lighting, I used the same led strip in orange back in the day and it was pretty good but traditional led strips are generally quite a bit brighter.

I see, well if you have one of the newer ones it should be placed at the top of the case. btw, I did take the picture. 
having leds all around the window does make a difference in lighting.

DSCF1929.thumb.JPG.49e498c87bef6d7dc21905ccbd85ae8d.JPG

I really don't like being able to see the led strip directly, so I currently am only running one of them on the bottom of my case shining upwards.

rLtApEY.jpg

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.