Upgraded pc nothing but trouble. constant video driver crashes and random black screens which hang.

So I've recently upgraded from an fx-8350 to a ryzen 1700x, but ever since I've upgraded its been constantly getting video driver crashes along with Default Radeon Wattman settings have crashed and been restored and Windows Reliability monitor is giving me 141 errors.

I've tried reinstalling windows and using rolled back video drivers back as far as 16.11.5 then the 390 just crashed and hung, I have an old amd 7850 so i swapped it in but instead of getting the wattman errors it just crashes. also another weird thing is I can't seem to get the ram to go above 1066 MHz I've tried 3 different ram sticks and they're all rated for 2133.  I've been really trying to get to the bottom of this but I'm out of ideas so here is my hardware I hope you can help me https://pastebin.com/UbtgHMQu 

ps. the 390 is what I had in my fx 8350 pc as well as the rosewill 1000w psu.

1 minute ago, Superbxavier said:

So I've recently upgraded from an fx-8350 to a ryzen 1700x, but ever since I've upgraded its been constantly getting video driver crashes along with Default Radeon Wattman settings have crashed and been restored and Windows Reliability monitor is giving me 141 errors.

I've tried reinstalling windows and using rolled back video drivers back as far as 16.11.5 then the 390 just crashed and hung, I have an old amd 7850 so i swapped it in but instead of getting the wattman errors it just crashes. also another weird thing is I can't seem to get the ram to go above 1066 MHz I've tried 3 different ram sticks and they're all rated for 2133.  I've been really trying to get to the bottom of this but I'm out of ideas so here is my hardware I hope you can help me https://pastebin.com/UbtgHMQu 

ps. the 390 is what I had in my fx 8350 pc as well as the rosewill 1000w psu.

my guy... you need to go into bios and change the xmp profile to the ram speed. by the way that not the reason for your crasher or im at least 99 percent sure its not. lol

Current build.

I7-4930K     ASUS SABERTOOTH X79 MOBO     32GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RAM    3TB HARD DRIVE

MSI LIGHTNING GTX 1080 TI    4 OPTICAL DRIVES      CORSAIR H100i V2      750 WATT CORSAIR PSU 

1066 is the base clock, but Double Data Rate (DDR) means the effective speed is 1066*2~2133 as advertised. 

It could still be memory issue, though, but first you want to discard something else, especially if it's always the same driver crashing. 

Have you used DDU in between driver changes, especially downgrades? 

be nice if we could just read what hardware you have. list motherboard and power supply. you did buy a new board with that new ram and cpu?

I turned on D.O.C.P 2133  still 1066Mhz 599cd11672e9e_IMG_11241.thumb.JPG.086a8a767fe8c47997a36a99c6d12e15.JPG

Report.htm

Edited by Superbxavier
Report.htm contains a simpler HW overview

33 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

1066 is the base clock, but Double Data Rate (DDR) means the effective speed is 1066*2~2133 as advertised. 

It could still be memory issue, though, but first you want to discard something else, especially if it's always the same driver crashing. 

Have you used DDU in between driver changes, especially downgrades? 

Yes I've tried DDU between every diver change. I don't know what could be causing it.  it seems to be at random the gpu could randomly crash and recover while watching a youtube video but if I'm playing a game it usually hangs and the screen goes black with leds still on and fans spinning requiring me to hard power off lhe psu to restart. I've been monitoring temps using HWiNFO64 and AIDA64 and nothing goes above 75 gpu being the hottest. I have a noctua tower cooler and an antec 900 case  

sound driver conflict and/or conflict with amd software installed with graphics drivers.

1 minute ago, LabRat said:

sound driver conflict and/or conflict with amd software installed with graphics drivers.

I've had it without the sound driver and chipset driver before still same problem. the main problem with my 390 is that it would drop down to 150mhz while running a game and cause the crash but I tried having a fresh install(does RESET THIS PC but keep files reset the registry?) without any monitoring programs or third party oc tools and still drops randomly to 150

drops while gaming or at idle?

mb bios update?

is the board good?

try a cmos reset?

1 hour ago, LabRat said:

drops while gaming or at idle?

mb bios update?

is the board good?

try a cmos reset?

The 390's memory clock drops from 1500MHz to 150Mhz seemingly randomly and sometimes it stays stuck at 150 unless I start a game or restart the radeon control panel. as for the 7850 i tested it in my fx system with no problems, but crashes in my ryzen systerm

also I have the newest bios 0810 and did a cmos reset today, I don't know how to check if the board is good

it drops to 150 because there's no need to run at full specs unless required ( gaming vs idle ).

check the performance settings. ( power options in control panel ) set to max/high performance.

EDIT: forgot to mention bread-boarding. maybe you have a short?

A short in what way? like a screw somewhere thats not supposed to be there? also when the gpu drops top 150MHz my second screen starts getting horizontal flickering lines unless it speeds up or I disable one monitor, Thanks for all the help everyone I feel lost with my pc acting like this

what happens when you run 1 monitor? ( the other not hooked up )

short...... mb to case.

monitors different resolutions?

could be a W10 thing.

I would honestly do a fresh install at this point. Sounds like a driver issue and it's going to be hard to track down so I'd just backup everything you need to backup and start over.

2 hours ago, LabRat said:

what happens when you run 1 monitor? ( the other not hooked up )

short...... mb to case.

monitors different resolutions?

could be a W10 thing.

so I took out the mobo and reseated it onto the standoffs to hopefully fix any short if there was one. yeah the monitors one of them is 1080p and the other is 1366x768. Worst part is I need windows 10 to play most games.

disconnect odd monitor and play. what happens?

breadboard means assemble out of case to isolate from case. but you did what you did. test it.

I know a few people with different res monitors that had various problems.

...................AND, while you have both monitors hooked up......... check each one to make sure the refresh rates are native on each one.

so for the last day i've been running my 390 in my case after reseating the mobo and it was working fine enough to last though a aida64 stability test for 9 & 1/2 hours. but that was only using my Hyperx 4gb ram stick, now im trying it with just my corsair valuselect ram and it works with windows but if I run a aida64 stability test it crashes within 4 seconds with a hardware failure. I've tried setting the speeds to auto and stuff in the bios and swapping slots still crashing in aida64 around 4 seconds. Still I tried using Memtestx86 and It did a standard test without any errors as for my monitor resolutions I can't test it right now my buddy is borrowing my other monitor for his setup

2 hours ago, LabRat said:

bad corsair ram? improper voltages? bad ram slot?

My pc seems to run ok with just the kingston hyperx ram installed though it may be the reseating  of the motherboard in the case though. the corsair ram can't do then stability test in any of the slots the ram is even compatible in the mobo ram compatibility sheet.  also you'd think that i'd get errors running the MemTest86+ the longest I ran it was 3 passes and no errors that was about 2 1/2 hours

........so I just jumped the gun and bought another 3 sticks of the same hyperx 4gb ram. 

see how it goes.

you might have and maybe still do have a high spot ( solder joint ) on the back of the board. I usually run my stuff out and away from the case first.

18 minutes ago, LabRat said:

see how it goes.

you might have and maybe still do have a high spot ( solder joint ) on the back of the board. I usually run my stuff out and away from the case first.

As for now Im going to play skyrim to test the system besides benchmarks but if I experience any more crashes i'll remove it from the case but my gpu is still 150mhz  at idle but it don't affect anything from what I can tell. on a side note I feel so limited with 4gb of ram

Ugh im so frustrated with my 390 I was playing skyrim fine but if I try overwatch or anything new I get the random driver crash again and hardware error 141, I emailed sapphire to ask if they have any idea