what is microsoft visual c++ 2xxx redistributable?

Half W0lf

I've been kinda deleting old games and some apps that came with windows 10. why do I have so many versions of it in my programs. is it important or should i uninstall them? see attached. thanks

help.png

13 minutes ago, Half W0lf said:

snip

I started typing the answer and then decided that I don't want to reinvent the wheel by writing an answer. So I used Google. This article sums it up pretty nicely.

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

• 2 weeks later...

Most AAA games need external code to run (and some smaller titles) So that's the C++ code package that is free to redistribute to make a game development team's life a lot easier. So if that game that was attached to that code then you're fine to delete. Just keep in mind re-installing the game will re-install all those C++ packages again. And the date like C++ Redistributable 20XX doesn't really make a difference just make sure you delete the right one or else the game requiring that certain package might not work right.

Why Are We Still Here? Just to Suffer?