Cpu temperatures

Hi I have a ryzen 1500x with the stock cooler that it came with. When's its idle its between 37-45 Celsius but when gaming or on load its about 70-77 celsius. Are the load temperatures fine or is it to high?

Just now, ErykYT3 said:

What case do you have?

Well that doesn't really matter, I play Overwatch on a laptop and it gets to 87 C so yeah.. you're fine. (i think, don't take my word/ just saying)

you're perfectly fine with your temps. if they get above 85 that's when i would get concerned myself.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

It's alright for the CPU, just not great temperatures in general.

My  Ryzen 7 1700 with its Wraith Spire cooler (similar to the one you have, but with mucho RGB) rain at 60 degrees C, with an ambient temperature of 25 degrees C (while doing a stress test).

With my Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, this temperature went down to 49.

You might just have poor airflow, like only an exhaust fan or whatever.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

But I heard the 1500x could get choppy when over 70c is that true?

I have no top fans so I might need to buy some but I don't know which ones?

9 minutes ago, omeir20003 said:

Hi I have a ryzen 1500x with the stock cooler that it came with. When's its idle its between 37-45 Celsius but when gaming or on load its about 70-77 celsius. Are the load temperatures fine or is it to high?

I have a Ryzen 5 1600.  When I used the stock cooler, overclocked to 3.8GHz, I saw temps around 73c to 80c in Aida64 and Prime95 respectively.  Your temps are typical.  I added the Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 and lowered my temps to the lower 60s.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

2 minutes ago, omeir20003 said:

If your CPU gets too hot you can get thermal bottlenecking, meaning the CPU is going to slow down to keep itself from overheating. For fans, any good high airflow fans is what you want, not static pressure (Not for that anyways). You can usually tell because high airflow fans usually have thinner blades and static pressure fans usually have thicker. I would buy from Corsair, Be Quiet, or NZXT. If you have some money Noctua.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

7 minutes ago, omeir20003 said:

It looks like your case can support 140mm fans.  Two in front, two at the top.  I'm very happy with my NZXT Air Flow Series, but I'm sure others will have their own recommended fans.  My Setup

Edited by johndms
Linked wrong fan

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

1 minute ago, johndms said:

It looks like your case can support 140mm fans.  Two in front, two at the top.  I'm very happy with my Fractal Design GP14, but I'm sure others will have their own recommended fans.  My Setup

I have 2 fans in the front one in the back that were pre installed

7 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

you're perfectly fine with your temps. if they get above 85 that's when i would get concerned myself.

Thankfully Most laptops will lower performance in order to lower temperatures in return but it usually stays at around 83 for me and it's been like this for a year and a half. I'm not sure if the same happens in Desktops Pc's but I would assume that it is an easy problem to fix which would be by just getting a good cooler such as the Be Quiet ones.

6 minutes ago, omeir20003 said:

I linked the wrong fans.. corrected my original post.  /me blushes

1 minute ago, omeir20003 said:

They might be alright.  Usually I'd be skeptical of fans that come with a case as they're typically garbage.  Also, most prefer to have slightly more intake CFM than exhaust.  It's referred to as a positive pressure.  Just something to keep in mind.  Negative pressure (more exhaust than intake) usually leads to dust being sucked in through less desirable locations.

Im thinking to get the Corsair CO-9050039-WW 120mm ML120 for the top part of the case. Is this a good choice?

12 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Thankfully Most laptops will lower performance in order to lower temperatures in return but it usually stays at around 83 for me and it's been like this for a year and a half. I'm not sure if the same happens in Desktops Pc's but I would assume that it is an easy problem to fix which would be by just getting a good cooler such as the Be Quiet ones.

It pretty much does the same thing. It's just called thermal throttling where the CPU starts to get hot so the CPU slows itself down so it doesn't get to hot. Most desktops though won't start throttling until around the 85C mark but desktops have a fail safe (unless its been turned off) so if the CPU gets to 90C the PC will shut itself off so no damage will be caused. Sometimes reapplying thermal paste can help lower temps as well. A lot of companies use cheap thermal paste that isn't that great and doesn't transfer the heat as well as other paste so buying your own Arctic Silver or IC Diamond could lower it down by a few degrees. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R