New Phone

Billy_Mays

I got a choice between a couple of phones that I really need to get one soon because my contract ran out today, So I have between a, LG G5, Huawei P10, Samsung S7, Huawei P10 Lite, Maybe a LG G6 if my provider if they can get it in stock by the time I get a new phone. The uses it will encounter are, taking photos, taking videos for my channel (dm me for it), Playing games, Social Media. So which one is better for my uses?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

s7 

Is it the best all around phone for my money?

ONE Plus FIVE...

Simple rules:

- If it works, dont update it.

- You don't know how, just do it, you will learn.

- Test, restest, test again, and maybe it will do it.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=919931

2 minutes ago, stratege1401 said:

ONE Plus FIVE...

My provider doesnt sell One Plus phones and Im going  for free phones

10 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Is it the best all around phone for my money?

yup overall 

30 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

LG G5,

bootloop 

Huawei P10,

no support and a decent camera

Huawei P10 Lite

LG G6

might bootoop 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

yup overall 

bootloop 

might bootoop 

Ok I want to know before buying anything some then I dont have to wait a year

Personally I'd go with the p10 since it has an awesome camera even though video is limited to 1080p with no ois. The kirin 960 performs about on par with the snapdragon 835 and reviewers have said it feel noticeably more snappy in games with fewer frame rate drops compared to their snapdragon counterparts excluding perhaps the OP5.

28 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Personally I'd go with the p10 since it has an awesome camera even though video is limited to 1080p with no ois. The kirin 960 performs about on par with the snapdragon 835 and reviewers have said it feel noticeably more snappy in games with fewer frame rate drops compared to their snapdragon counterparts excluding perhaps the OP5.

It would be on a tripod for some of my channels videos and othertimes it would be on a gorrila pod 

4 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

It would be on a tripod for some of my channels videos and othertimes it would be on a gorrila pod 

Well I mixed up the p9 and the p10. The p10 has ois and it records in 4k so it's just a monster of a camera performer. Here are some pretty in depth pieces on it. I also recommend watching the full review of it by Pocketnow as there's some pretty good insight to other qualities of it.

52 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Well I mixed up the p9 and the p10. The p10 has ois and it records in 4k so it's just a monster of a camera performer. Here are some pretty in depth pieces on it. I also recommend watching the full review of it by Pocketnow as there's some pretty good insight to other qualities of it.

Ok Im fine with shooting in 4k and editing it because of the future 

1 hour ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Keep in mind that he’s talking about the P10 Lite, which has a different camera setup than the P10.

OP, out of those, I would definitely go with the Galaxy S7. It’s a great all-rounder.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

6 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Keep in mind that he’s talking about the P10 Lite, which has a different camera setup than the P10.

OP, out of those, I would definitely go with the Galaxy S7. It’s a great all-rounder.

OP mentioned p10 and p10 lite.

Also I'd agree if all of my friends who have it have issues with software or the phone stuttering and just being weird. Plus Samsung updates...

12 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

OP mentioned p10 and p10 lite.

Also I'd agree if all of my friends who have it have issues with software or the phone stuttering and just being weird. Plus Samsung updates...

The S7 isn’t as bad tbh.

The first Samsung in a while that I actually liked

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

The S7 isn’t as bad tbh.

The first Samsung in a while that I actually liked

The s4 is the only phone that i truly miss xD

Just now, kevinisbeast707 said:

The s4 is the only phone that i truly miss xD

I hated the S4. The S5 wasn’t any better. The S6 was nearly good but ruined by the crappy battery life.

The S7 was way better. I had a Note7 and loved it until it was recalled.

3 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I hated the S4. The S5 wasn’t any better. The S6 was nearly good but ruined by the crappy battery life.

The S7 was way better. I had a Note7 and loved it until it was recalled.

True. The s4 had a bunch of useless features. I think it's nostalgia for me because it was the first smart phone that i had that wasn't crap X) I was never a fan of the s5 and I think they really messed up the s6. S7 edge is sexy and damn that s8 :x Really want a note 7 tbh. Regardless of recalls.

8 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

True. The s4 had a bunch of useless features. I think it's nostalgia for me because it was the first smart phone that i had that wasn't crap X) I was never a fan of the s5 and I think they really messed up the s6. S7 edge is sexy and damn that s8 :x Really want a note 7 tbh. Regardless of recalls.

I wouldn’t mind an S4 GPe tbh.

11 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Im going for a free phone (without the bill) and the edge is out of the question

On 22/08/2017 at 1:08 PM, Billy_Mays said:

I got a choice between a couple of phones that I really need to get one soon because my contract ran out today, So I have between a, LG G5, Huawei P10, Samsung S7, Huawei P10 Lite, Maybe a LG G6 if my provider if they can get it in stock by the time I get a new phone. The uses it will encounter are, taking photos, taking videos for my channel (dm me for it), Playing games, Social Media. So which one is better for my uses?

I would say P10 if you're going to be using the camera a lot. If you plan of flashing it with a custom ROM maybe not, from what I understand the Kirin SoC isn't very developer friendly. 

The S7 is the safe choice, though also not very root/ROM friendly.

The G6 is arguably the best all around phone out of the bunch (I'd stay away from the G5). There's the risk of bootloop, but I personally think it's exaggerated with the G6, but regardless with Android O that risk should hopefully be minimized.

16 minutes ago, OmJo93 said:

I would say P10 if you're going to be using the camera a lot. If you plan of flashing it with a custom ROM maybe not, from what I understand the Kirin SoC isn't very developer friendly. 

The S7 is the safe choice, though also not very root/ROM friendly.

The G6 is arguably the best all around phone out of the bunch (I'd stay away from the G5). There's the risk of bootloop, but I personally think it's exaggerated with the G6, but regardless with Android O that risk should hopefully be minimized.

I don't plan on making any custom ROMs or anything, The G6 is out of stock for my provider and I don't plan on changing any time soon, The S7 can't be expanded like the G5 G6 and P10 since storage is a must for my phones since I use more than 5gb for my apps without any music or podcasts ( missed WAN shows)

15 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I don't plan on making any custom ROMs or anything, The G6 is out of stock for my provider and I don't plan on changing any time soon, The S7 can't be expanded like the G5 G6 and P10 since storage is a must for my phones since I use more than 5gb for my apps without any music or podcasts ( missed WAN shows)

If you don't want to (or can't) wait for the G6 to come back in stock, I think you'll enjoy the P10 especially for the camera.

14 minutes ago, OmJo93 said:

If you don't want to (or can't) wait for the G6 to come back in stock, I think you'll enjoy the P10 especially for the camera.

yeah thats what I was thinking and I dont care if I get a boot loop I can find away from it 

1 minute ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

I think the p10 is a very solid choice for your use. There aren't any real deal breakers.

I know it's just I'm on a tight budget for a new phone