The REAL Reason we spent $140,000 on 8K Cameras - ft Corridor Digital

6 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Can I have the recipe to that inverted pancake thing?

It's not a pancake. Some call them bubble waffles. In other places, you see them in the shape of a fish or other objects.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

Please stop putting your videos up in 24FPS. It just feels wrong, it doesn't feel smooth to view. :( 

It's not the 24fps, it's the 3:2 pulldown being done by your system to allow it to playback on your 60hz display

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

It's not the 24fps, it's the 3:2 pulldown being done by your system to allow it to playback on your 60hz display

youtube statistics lying to me 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 minutes ago, themctipers said:

youtube statistics lying to me 

No, I didn't say it WASN'T 24fps, I was saying the effect is not because it is 24fps, it is because your system is executing a 3:2 pulldown on the 24fps content during playback for playback on your 60hz display.

Think about it, you CAN'T evenly distribute 24fps over a 60hz.  If it was 30fps then the math is easy, render each frame twice, so every two refresh cycles have one frames.  But for 24fps a 3:2 pulldown must be done, so one frame is drawn for 3 refresh cycles, the next frame for 2 refresh cycles, then 3 and 2 and 3 and 2 again.  So every other frame is displayed for 50% more time than the other half.  This results in the 'studder' you feel.  It's not the 24fps, it's your system adapting it for your display.

This is why higher end TVs can ingest 24p content and internally refresh at 120hz (Even if they can only INGEST up to 60hz).  If the screen is redrawing at 120hz, even if it can only ingest 60hz, you can divide 24, 30 and 60 all into 120.  And yes, THIS is why many TVs say '120' even if they can't take more than a 60hz signal.  It's so they can playback 24p content.

Alternative options are to change your refresh rate to 48fps or 72fps but not every desktop monitor truly supports this, they'll say they switched refresh rate but still be driving their panels at 60hz anyway

I'm just happy that Corridor was a part of it

what a fantastic channel, and a much better use of a RED

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

No, I didn't say it WASN'T 24fps, I was saying the effect is not because it is 24fps, it is because your system is executing a 3:2 pulldown on the 24fps content during playback for playback on your 60hz display.

Think about it, you CAN'T evenly distribute 24fps over a 60hz.  If it was 30fps then the math is easy, render each frame twice, so every two refresh cycles have one frames.  But for 24fps a 3:2 pulldown must be done, so one frame is drawn for 3 refresh cycles, the next frame for 2 refresh cycles, then 3 and 2 and 3 and 3 again.  So every other frame is displayed for 50% more time than the other half.  This results in the 'studder' you feel.  It's not the 24fps, it's your system adapting it for your display.

This is why higher end TVs can ingest 24p content and internally refresh at 120hz (Even if they can only INGEST up to 60hz).  If the screen is redrawing at 120hz, even if it can only ingest 60hz, you can divide 24, 30 and 60 all into 120.  And yes, THIS is why many TVs say '120' even if they can't take more than a 60hz signal.  It's so they can playback 24p content.

Alternative options are to change your refresh rate to 48fps or 72fps but not every desktop monitor truly supports this, they'll say they switched refresh rate but still be driving their panels at 60hz anyway

so why not have it 30fps and not have this problem?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

so why not have it 30fps and not have this problem?

Well, NORMALLY, I would argue that 24fps is the standard for cinematic or dramatic content.  This is why most narrative TV series and films are all at 24fps.  And this is why the normal answer to such complaints would be 'Get a better screen'.  However LTT's audience could skew different in terms of devices they consume LTT on.  Ultimately it's still their prerogative and the root of the problem is your screen being inadequate for certain kinds of media.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Well, NORMALLY, I would argue that 24fps is the standard for cinematic or dramatic content.  This is why most narrative TV series and films are all at 24fps.  And this is why the normal answer to such complaints would be 'Get a better screen'.  However LTT's audience could skew different in terms of devices they consume LTT on.  Ultimately it's still their prerogative and the root of the problem is your screen being inadequate for certain kinds of media.

Any particular reason why 24 fps remains the "standard", despite a vast majority of the audience using 60 hz displays/TVs?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Any particular reason why 24 fps remains the "standard", despite a vast majority of the audience using 60 hz displays/TVs?

For film, films are readily projected to 24hz, there is no such thing as a 3:2 pulldown in a theater.  ANd 60hz isn't new, CRT TVs all ran at 60i and used an interlaced form of pulldown to get the job done too.  (Or 50i, depending on region).  If anything, today MORE displays than ever are capable of proper display of 24p than ever and even typical 'video' productions that would have been once shot at 60i are now shot at 24p.  These days only sports, live events, and news are done at 30 or 60p.

2 hours ago, unijab said:

Imagine if they didnt have Max... and one of the guys had to do that scene in the woods where she was looking up... .lol

All the fangirls swooning over @nicklmg... 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

All the fangirls swooning over @nicklmg... 

Linus Quarterly Demographics Meeting: That spike in female viewership. We should do more.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I mean, spend what you like or whatever, but to me producing amazing video on semi consumer grade equipment would be more interesting. I can't ever afford to buy one of these cameras (or justify the cost of a small apartment on one anyway) so learning about it is kind of irrelevant but it would be interesting to know how you got such amazing shots on a $2,000 consumer grade piece of equipment.

you are great camera to use you don't think peoples how many struggle to survive in earth i am from india and u so rich thats a rison u talkin this

2 hours ago, Lalit Rokx said:

you are great camera to use you don't think peoples how many struggle to survive in earth i am from india and u so rich thats a rison u talkin this

I think you're an Indian bot because of your wrong English grammar and lack of punctuations.

2 hours ago, Lalit Rokx said:

if you make video in hindi 

Linus can't write and speak in Hindi.

If someone from India can do subtitle contributions, maybe you and other Indian LTT fans can properly understand what Linus is saying on every episodes.

The video's comment section is full of mindless criticisms. Commenters don't think that investing for very expensive camera gear is 'a great sin' for them.

For me, taping Linus Tech Tips, Techquickie and Channel Super Fun in 4320p60 and down-sampling and editing it in 2160p24 or 2160p30, is a very good idea for archiving it on archival-grade hard drives or magnetic data tapes that will keep their data for 30-100 years.

15 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Buy RED: http://geni.us/pGhV

Buy more affordable cameras on Amazon: http://geni.us/0QIQ

Why on earth does a YOUTUBE CHANNEL need to spend $140,000 on CINEMA cameras? Brandon explains...

Justify it all you like, you guys are still morons for spending so much money on something that is extremely overkill.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Great video nice to see a video with out cringe for once 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

12 hours ago, themctipers said:

Please stop putting your videos up in 24FPS. It just feels wrong, it doesn't feel smooth to view. :( 

24FPS is Life.

3 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Justify it all you like, you guys are still morons for spending so much money on something that is extremely overkill.

Because it was the first and only expensive overkill thing on LTT ever and never shall their be an expensive overkill thing on LTT. :o 

Probably the best video you guys made in a long time, top quality and narrative without cringe 

Getting a peek at his other interests and such brings to mind the idea of doing a profile kinda thing on each of the LMG staff.  See what everyone does, a little background, and maybe other channels or presence they have. 

this topic send me to watch youtube videos of how rich people got poor before they know it .

:P