The REAL Reason we spent $140,000 on 8K Cameras - ft Corridor Digital

Mhmm, 360p, I'll wait, anyway why is it unlisted? Due to be uploaded later?

19 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Mhmm, 360p, I'll wait, anyway why is it unlisted? Due to be uploaded later?

we forum nerds get the videos first, because:

1. it has to first go to 1080p/4K before it makes to publicly list

2. if there are issues, we might see and comment on it before thousands of YouTube viewers do.

EDIT: oh jeez, those black and gray bars on the sponsor spot.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sweet video...sorry for confusing FPC with YT release. Its very early.

Edited by kanesmadness
Apparently im dumb

The Fleet List

Spoiler

Galactica - Main PC - Intel 5960X, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum, Corsair AX1200i, EVGA Titan X, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850Pro 2TB..Triple Monitors and Watercooled in a Corsair 750D Running Windows 10
Destiny - HTCP - Intel i5 6400, 16GB Corsair Vengence LXP, Corsair SF450 PSU, Asus Strix H720I Gaming MOBO, Corsair MP500 240GB SSD in a Node 202 running Ubuntu Server for PLEX and other home theatre tools.

UNSC Forward Unto Dawn - iPad Pro 12inch

USS Daedalus - 2015 Mac Book Air

Colonial Viper - Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Resurrection Hub - Synology DS1818+ with 5 WD Red 4TB Drives

Works in Progress... Threadripper ... Ryzen 5 ... Radio Station Servers

2 minutes ago, kanesmadness said:

Ummm...what? 

FPC version vs YT version - or is there some other confusion there?

Edited my post...apparently im very tired.

The Fleet List

Spoiler

Galactica - Main PC - Intel 5960X, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum, Corsair AX1200i, EVGA Titan X, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850Pro 2TB..Triple Monitors and Watercooled in a Corsair 750D Running Windows 10
Destiny - HTCP - Intel i5 6400, 16GB Corsair Vengence LXP, Corsair SF450 PSU, Asus Strix H720I Gaming MOBO, Corsair MP500 240GB SSD in a Node 202 running Ubuntu Server for PLEX and other home theatre tools.

UNSC Forward Unto Dawn - iPad Pro 12inch

USS Daedalus - 2015 Mac Book Air

Colonial Viper - Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Resurrection Hub - Synology DS1818+ with 5 WD Red 4TB Drives

Works in Progress... Threadripper ... Ryzen 5 ... Radio Station Servers

14 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Can I have the recipe to that inverted pancake thing?

https://www.amazon.com/Commercial-Electric-Eggettes-Non-stick-Machine/dp/B073XXW212/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1503430054&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=rotating%2Bwaffle%2Bmaker%2Bwood%2Bhandle&th=1

It's crazy expensive. Their are cheaper domestic models, just search for "Rotating waffle maker". They don't have the egg design on the grills though.

For a moment I thought I was watching Masterchef, great opening though. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

• Informative
  • Nice footage
  • Brings up good points as well as issues that you have had.
  • Invited Corridor to show that there are no hard feelings between you guys (despite what some of the comments might say).

Great video Brandon!

I don't really care about clickbait titles but this one really gets to me. Basically there is no real reason you got them, at least nothing that actually applies to what you use them for. Everything that Niko says is perfectly valid and has huge benefits for what Corridor shoots but not for a tech Youtube channel, Brandon even admits that they're overkill. The stuff it could possibly apply to is the stuff Brandon shoots on the side, but did LMG really fork out $140k for Brandon's hobby that he doesn't even get paid for? Not to mention there's no justification for why you went with RED specifically instead of all the other cheaper options.

Can you just admit that there's no practical reason for your choices? You just did it for the fun of it, Brandon wanted something new to play with.

But why does the color look a bit messed up depending on the shot? Mostly skin color looking yellow, I don't think It's my monitor as I've heard the same comments from others, and I have a TN display sitting next to an IPS display, and the issue seems to happen on both.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

This is how videos recorded in 8K should look, where you can see a pube a mile away:

I'm still calling LTT video quality out for being not much better than what you could get with a rig stabilized smartphone recording 4k.  Either the camera is being used wrong or the editing/render/export/whatever is being done wrong.

Good 8K (on a 1440 screen).  You can see texture on every single rock even in the background:

PeopleWhoKnow.thumb.png.b9bc698c04a97d4a13545f568be74daf.png

Average LTT 4K, zero details:

LTT.thumb.png.b248697003626bf4b2df59112c75c6f8.png

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Does Brandon have his own youtube channel? or what happens with the videos he make on his free time?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

why was the oven/stove turned on if the pancake "device" just needed to be flipped over for it to turn on??????

ps... nice glamour shots, Max.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Maybe i missed it in the video. But on how many camera's are we talking here? Or can they come in seperate parts adding up to a 140k total price?

The image quality is insane though. I personnaly can appreciate the ensured quality.

16 minutes ago, sun2 said:

Maybe i missed it in the video. But on how many camera's are we talking here? Or can they come in seperate parts adding up to a 140k total price?

The image quality is insane though. I personnaly can appreciate the ensured quality.

There's two so about $70k each. I'm not sure if they're both built identically so one may be a bit more expensive than the other. Also some of that price is stuff that's not so much a part of the cameras like storage media and readers so probably something more like $130k for the actual cameras.

wait so all you need to do to get featured on linustechtips is make a video on them?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Please stop putting your videos up in 24FPS. It just feels wrong, it doesn't feel smooth to view. :( 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

This video made me have a strange attraction towards Max. :)

Imagine if they didnt have Max... and one of the guys had to do that scene in the woods where she was looking up... .lol

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?