Acer Predator XB271HU IPS - Is this decent or exchange asap?

Hey!

Exacly 2 weeks ago I bought my first IPS monitor, I think I don't have any backlight bleeding or I just can't notice it, but the thing I saw in black image is the "big" light at the bottom right corner, if I'm not wrong its IPS glow since when I move my head more to the right the light dissapears and I can see full black.

I really want to know if someone can help and tell me if this is normal or I got a bad example.

Today is the last day to use the 14 days satisfaction purchase.... I was going to ask this whole thing long time ago but I didnt had internet until today sick.

Thanks everyone.

2 minutes ago, LongShortSigh said:

Hey!

Exacly 2 weeks ago I bought my first IPS monitor, I think I don't have any backlight bleeding or I just can't notice it, but the thing I saw in black image is the "big" light at the bottom right corner, if I'm not wrong its IPS glow since when I move my head more to the right the light dissapears and I can see full black.

I really want to know if someone can help and tell me if this is normal or I got a bad example.

Today is the last day to use the 14 days satisfaction purchase.... I was going to ask this whole thing long time ago but I didnt had internet until today sick.

Thanks everyone.

That looks very good to me.

I'm no expert but to me it don't seem that bad, them panels suffer form it and there is nothink they can do, looks ok to me but it was your money 

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

3 minutes ago, Brett_Bst said:

I'm no expert but to me it don't seem that bad, them panels suffer form it and there is nothink they can do, looks ok to me but it was your money 

Well that bleeding does look a lot worse than my much cheaper LG 29UM68-P so.... I'm not really sure what's "acceptable" any more.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

19 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Well that bleeding does look a lot worse than my much cheaper LG 29UM68-P so.... I'm not really sure what's "acceptable" any more.

Yh mine has hardley any bleed, you could try sending it bk and see what another one of the same make looks like 

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

23 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Are you comparing his picture to your in-person view, or to a picture of yours? Pictures tend to exaggerate these phenomena a lot, so you need to compare like for like.

Just now, Glenwing said:

Are you comparing his picture to your in-person view, or to a picture of yours? Pictures tend to exaggerate these phenomena a lot, so you need to compare like for like.

I'll take a picture later tonight when I get home for comparison but I do put my hand on the fire mine looks noticeable better... which is ironic when you consider the difference in price tags hehe, I'll tag ya when I do so we can check it together.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

32 minutes ago, Brett_Bst said:

I know the glow is normal for any IPS monitor but I kindda don't understand why every monitor has less or more glow than others... btw forgot to mention that I got the monitor for 600€

35 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Its fine, you wont noticed it much at all in games, just be aware that its there :D

I actually notice the IPS glow but just a little bit only in the bottom left and right corners and only in black situations (playing games or watching movies)

38 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Thats sad tbh but what bleeding are you talking about? I don't notice any bleed, just glow, or maybe I'm blind...

12 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Yes, the camera exaggerated the IPS glow, in reality is little bit less than the photos.

51 minutes ago, LongShortSigh said:

Oh no I did mean the glow, some just call it black light bleed.

Personal Desktop":

So guys, if you have an IPS monitor, you think mine is decent? I mean, sorry for being annoying doing the same question again, I know the perfect monitor with free backlight bleed and free glow doesnt exist and I don't have any experience about monitors either but idk

I only used 1 monitor for my PC about 10 years, and was a TN panel. And like I said before, I instantly bought the Acer Predator XB271HU IPS because I saw the deal of 600€ instead of buying it between 700-800€, before that deal I was going to buy the Dell S2716DG TN but after doing research and discovered the IPS panel, my mind instantly changed lol

Anyway, all what I'm saying is if there's really better examples of this monitor, it is worth to try to exchange over and over again? or mine is good enough?

Sorry again if I'm annoying and thank you.

38 minutes ago, LongShortSigh said:

So guys, if you have an IPS monitor, you think mine is decent? I mean, sorry for being annoying doing the same question again, I know the perfect monitor with free backlight bleed and free glow doesnt exist and I don't have any experience about monitors either but idk

I only used 1 monitor for my PC about 10 years, and was a TN panel. And like I said before, I instantly bought the Acer Predator XB271HU IPS because I saw the deal of 600€ instead of buying it between 700-800€, before that deal I was going to buy the Dell S2716DG TN but after doing research and discovered the IPS panel, my mind instantly changed lol

Anyway, all what I'm saying is if there's really better examples of this monitor, it is worth to try to exchange over and over again? or mine is good enough?

Sorry again if I'm annoying and thank you.

Yours is probably one of the best examples of that monitor I've seen to date

Hi, I bought the same panel. I didn't have any BLB / IPS glow whatsoever. Maxed all the settings and absolutely no glow. I did however get the vertical offset glitch that has been reported online by many others, which was supposed to be fixed with a firmware update, but unfortunately is still there. Panel is with Acer at the moment. They confirmed it had the latest firmware but couldn't replicate the glitch. Not sure if I will be getting a refund or replacement yet. Also experienced extremely bad input lag while loading games when this panel was plugged in. 7700k / 1070 / sata ssd. Hope you get luckier than I did. Looking for recommendations for a similar spec panel without the faults

15 hours ago, LongShortSigh said:

Hey!

Thanks everyone.

Stop looking at black screens. Thats my first protip to you

secobdly it looks fine i have similar bleed but i couldnt care less cos 95% of the time im staring at a white screen or lit at least.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers