Need A Desk

tubajoe0

Wasn't sure where to post about this since this isn't technically a piece of "tech," but my current desk is now falling apart, so I'm in the market for a new one.  While I mostly use this currently for my gaming rig, I will soon be starting a job that will allow me to work from home, so I will need something that has additional room for a work-provided laptop/tablet (leaning towards an L-desk, but am not completely set on it if there are better options).  The largest obstacle I have is my ultrawide curved monitor that has a rather large base, though I am considering getting a mounting arm for it if I need more workspace provided the material is sturdy enough to actually clamp the arm on.  Being that I'm trying to keep it under $300 USD, any recommendations of a desk that will fit all my needs and last?

You'll probably get some recommendations here but it's really something you should research yourself since it's based on how much space you have and what you like. 

Look at a decent sized modern kitchen table. 99% of the desks I found were too small or not deep enough. Or WAY over priced. 

I'm sorry but I'm just really annoyed at how people come to forums with questions like that which are basically focused on you and what you prefer, without giving us measurements and more details about your room, There's not a lot you'll get from here.

As far as size, it's not an issue.  The room itself is big enough for just about anything (probably why I didn't even consider mentioning it).  

2 hours ago, tubajoe0 said:

Wasn't sure where to post about this since this isn't technically a piece of "tech," but my current desk is now falling apart, so I'm in the market for a new one.  While I mostly use this currently for my gaming rig, I will soon be starting a job that will allow me to work from home, so I will need something that has additional room for a work-provided laptop/tablet (leaning towards an L-desk, but am not completely set on it if there are better options).  The largest obstacle I have is my ultrawide curved monitor that has a rather large base, though I am considering getting a mounting arm for it if I need more workspace provided the material is sturdy enough to actually clamp the arm on.  Being that I'm trying to keep it under $300 USD, any recommendations of a desk that will fit all my needs and last?

https://www.officefurniture.com/L-Shape-Desk-RTP-3806.aspx

That would be the desk I have. Its a big mother. With the exception after about 4 years the keyboard tray broke, so now my keyboard sits on the top of the desk. But I got my 2 monitors, router, modem, UPS and PC all sitting on the desk and still have a little room. If you do go with this desk or a similar one, invest in some Velcro ties and some cable management accessories. As this desk isnt good for cable management. 

You might also look in to Ikea, as you could build a custom desk like JayZTwoCents and Barnacles did. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.