Steam Mobile Authentificator new Phone

Go to solution Solved by Changis,
16 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

I got a new temporary phone because I have to make a software repair otherwise it wont boot. I got the SIM card from that broken phone in my temp one but my account is still linked to the app which is on the dead phone. Im now afraid to do the software repair as it erases my data and I think I would log myself out of my own Steam account. Can I just erase the data off my old phone and use Steam perfectly fine with the temp one?

Dear Mods feel free to move this topic, I have no idea where it belongs to.

i think you can remove the authentication for the device in steam as long as you have a trusted device to use (like your steam computer)

after a reset you would have to enable the authenticator again..

you can always remove 2 factor for the duration and then reactivate it after you have your main phone up and running again if you want to be sure

I got a new temporary phone because I have to make a software repair otherwise it wont boot. I got the SIM card from that broken phone in my temp one but my account is still linked to the app which is on the dead phone. Im now afraid to do the software repair as it erases my data and I think I would log myself out of my own Steam account. Can I just erase the data off my old phone and use Steam perfectly fine with the temp one?

16 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

i think you can remove the authentication for the device in steam as long as you have a trusted device to use (like your steam computer)

you can always remove 2 factor for the duration and then reactivate it after you have your main phone up and running again if you want to be sure

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Just now, Changis said:

You are the man. It worked perfectly.

1 minute ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

You are the man. It worked perfectly.

happy to help :)

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU