IDLE temps on Water above 50C

Nerykrugeer

Hello everyone,

Well I just cleaned my computer, and replaced 2 fans on my h100i GTX. The idle temperatures used to be around 30-35 range, now its somewhat always above 50C. I have replaced thermal paste and everything. Double check it to see if it is all properly set, and as far I can see it is. The h100i GTX have 2 noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM. They are running acording to the system, but lots of time its on 1400RPM. Also have Gentle Typhoons on the other side  running at a lower speed.

should I be concern about it? or am I overthinking this?

Room temperature its around 22C most times I'm using the computer.

Thank for the help.

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Definitely seem to have your clock speed quite high to be getting 50c on idle with an AIO

This may be down to the amount of air the fans are pushing through. The corsair ones are designed to push a lot of volume through.

As you can see on the noctua fans that have a gap that the corsair ones do not have. That means that the noctua fans do not create as much pressure as the corsair ones.

15 minutes ago, Nerykrugeer said:

Hello everyone,

Well I just cleaned my computer, and replaced 2 fans on my h100i GTX. The idle temperatures used to be around 30-35 range, now its somewhat always above 50C. I have replaced thermal paste and everything. Double check it to see if it is all properly set, and as far I can see it is. The h100i GTX have 2 noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM. They are running acording to the system, but lots of time its on 1400RPM. Also have Gentle Typhoons on the other side  running at a lower speed.

should I be concern about it? or am I overthinking this?

Room temperature its around 22C most times I'm using the computer.

Thank for the help.

you've checked task manager to see if there is a program loading it? It might seem idle, but it may not be.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Did you remember to plug the pump back in, is it even still working?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

8 minutes ago, Dujith said:

This may be down to the amount of air the fans are pushing through. The corsair ones are designed to push a lot of volume through.

As you can see on the noctua fans that have a gap that the corsair ones do not have. That means that the noctua fans do not create as much pressure as the corsair ones.

That I agree with you, I changed the fans since I got tired of the fan noise at times. Even my mic when in discord was picking up the fan noise.

So I guess since I want to be quiet, I guess it will become hotter?

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Without the pump working it would rise quickly :D i know this from experience. The cooler has 0 dissipation beyond water running through it

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

According to corsair link yes, the pump is functional. Right now reads 3100RPM for the pump. On the bios its at Full Speed.

1 minute ago, Nerykrugeer said:

That I agree with you, I changed the fans since I got tired of the fan noise at times. Even my mic when in discord was picking up the fan noise.

So I guess since I want to be quiet, I guess it will become hotter?

Or try and find fans that have closer fans and are quieter. But i would do a stress test first to see if they will keep up.

19 minutes ago, RoryDash said:

Definitely seem to have your clock speed quite high to be getting 50c on idle with an AIO

thats impossible, you either mounted it wrong or the liquid is still hot from gaming, in summer when its hotter i am also getting up to 54°C on my NZXT X61 under full load on minimal fan speed (850rpm~)

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

Or try and find fans that have closer fans and are quieter. But i would do a stress test first to see if they will keep up.

The noctuas keep up, however on AIO getting 80C its just not nice =///

Just now, Tiwaz said:

thats impossible, you either mounted it wrong or the liquid is still hot from gaming, in summer when its hotter i am also getting up to 54°C on my NZXT X61 under full load

Mine is hot, just from boot. When booting im reaching 70C and drops to 50 after. while gaming can get close to 80C and stucks there while the GPU its a 64C. I'm in the coldest room of the house. So down here can get pretty damn cold at times.

7 minutes ago, Nerykrugeer said:

You could test with the original fans back. Then you can decide if you can live with the higher temps vs noise.

58 minutes ago, Nerykrugeer said:

how do you know that an AIO gets this hot? You know that CPU temp has nothing to do with cooler temp, the higher overclock the bigger the temperature difference between cooler and cpu gets due to limitation of thermal materials, thats also the reason why many people delid cpus, so they can replace the crappy stock TIM with liquid metal which can reduce temperature delta from 20°C to 5°C or less