Chromium keeps crashing when I start it

Go to solution Solved by Leonard,
13 minutes ago, Cobra! said:

---gone---

What do I do?

You realize that it is very buggy and you use another browser while you wait for a newer release of Chromium. it is really buggy, not your fault. I assume you are on version 60, well Chrome is now on version 60 and it is buggy too with random crashes, when version 59 was solid.

Before I begin, I'm new here... so hi.

Anyway, I'm having a problem with Chromium crashing on me as soon as it opens. There's no warning or anything, it just closes itself.

I found out that it does this after the second time I open it after installation, the "default" folder in the appdata folder is what seems to be causing it to close, as deleting it makes the browser start again, but then if I close then reopen, the problem returns. Regardless of whether I have it signed into an account, it still crashes.

None of the solutions I have found online have worked... I have tried reinstalling the program many times, and disabling my anti-virus/firewall, but the problem persists.

What do I do?

13 minutes ago, Cobra! said:

---gone---

What do I do?

You realize that it is very buggy and you use another browser while you wait for a newer release of Chromium. it is really buggy, not your fault. I assume you are on version 60, well Chrome is now on version 60 and it is buggy too with random crashes, when version 59 was solid.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Does regular chrome launch fine? 

Also, hey.

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

imo chromium sucks.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Okay, I installed Chrome Canary, and that's working for me just fine. If I run into any problems with that, I'll know to install regular Chrome.

Thanks guys!

5 minutes ago, Cobra! said:

Okay, I installed Chrome Canary, and that's working for me just fine. If I run into any problems with that, I'll know to install regular Chrome.

Thanks guys!

unistall flash and any kind of flash from adobe

should be the first aid for your browser